Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD Yamaha Pacifica 611

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• munkymunky Frets: 9
    My local shop (Allegro Music) has that 510V for £250 still.. sorely tempted to NGD... I wonder if they are routed below the pickguard for a neck PU?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Lovely ! B-)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2169
    That is a sexy guitar sir! Always loved Yamaha's, hmm might be a viable alternative to my strat GAS :D
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9718
    Dave_Mc said:
    tomstacey said:
    I've seen the Pacifica 510V (same neck, body) which has a wilkinson trem and a Duncan P Rails instead of the P90 and S5 floating about new at a few shops for £250 recently. That's a hell of a lot of guitar for the money (albeit not as versatile)
    That is a pretty sweet price

I really dunno why they didn't do a two P-rails version- considering half the point of having P-Rails is the versatility, only having the bridge pickup seems a bit silly. Had they done a two pickup version I'd have seriously considered one.
    This ^
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • @kelvinburn the root beer was my no 1 choice but the black has grown on me a lot, plus they do a transparent black finish as well which looks cool. @Drjazztap I think it's a great alternative to a strat with the neck setting it sounds awesome and very stratty, as long as you're not fussed about the inbetween clucky sounds
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2169
    @jimboflojo

I do like the clucky strat sounds, i am going through the yamaha catalogue atm though :D Aslong as it's roughly S shaped in a bright colour, then i'm happy :D

I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    I have read various conflicting information regarding the nut size of the Pacifica range. I believe the 112v has about a 40mm nut, and I am going to make the assumption that the E to e string spacing was 34mm. but is that also the case with the 611?

Does this become less of an issue because the fretboard is flatter 13 3/4?

I am not trying to pick fault, I had a 112vm and thought it was fantastic, but didn't understand the technical details (and didn't like the HSS configuration). The current mid-high end 311-510-611 seem amazing value for money, the little details like the tusq nut rather than synthetic bone and locking tuners is impressive.
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    @ tomstacey - that is gorgeous!
  • munkymunky Frets: 9
    @Gru Ta! The burst is nicer in the flesh I have to admit.  I'll try and get a better photo tomorrow :)
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Nice guitar! :)
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    I know it's an old thread but good to find some love for the 611. Had my black one since January and it's become my go to guitar in that time....which is a bloody lifetime with my GAS. 
    Thomann are doing the 502V now though, which may muddy the waters in the near future.