Pickup recommendations

timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
edited February 2014 in Guitar
It's for a humbuckered up strat, basswood body, I'd like it to be nickel/chrome covered too. Looking for something that's very clear but with lots of attack and punch, not to much high end as the strat can be quite bright. Suggestions!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11462
    edited February 2014
    I heard a pair of PRS McCarty pickups in a humbucker Strat once.  Sounded amazing.  Not so keen on them in a McCarty though - too dark.  They would be worth a look. 

Given that PRS stock pickups don't have a great reputation you may be able to find a pair for not stupid money.  You could always sell them on again without a significant loss if you don't like them.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    Yeah i liked the Dragon II's i had in my old CE22, didnt understand the hate for them at all! Thats definitely one option!
  • Dimarzio Tone Zone bridge and Air Norton neck. Not too high output, flatter tone not too bright, low string pull (better sustain and fewer wolf tones). 4 conductor so wire with series parallel switching, or 5 way a-la PRS.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I am a big Tone Zone fan, i had one in an old mex strat that just sounded so balanced.