SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Carr combo

xpia98jfxpia98jf Frets: 309
Cash waiting. Will consider any but especially interested in Slant or Rambler.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3888
    Hi, mate. I've got a mint condition Impala if you're interested? Better than the Rambler in my opinion.
  • xpia98jfxpia98jf Frets: 309
    Yeah possibly, I'll pm you mate.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9585
    Mate, having owned nearly all the Carr range (amd def played em all !), the Impala remains one of the most underrated imho.

Think Fender Bassman, with a superb Master Volume. Warm like the Sportsman (think Princeton) but capable of louder sounds if required.

Here is you need a Carr chat !

Waz
    Thanks for the comment Waz.  In your opinion, which Carr amp would be the best option for playing blues and country at clean to slight break up with the occasional foray into classic rock crunch at home levels?
  • For what you play I'd buy a sportsman. Owned a 110 and 112. Both sold because I'm an idiot but great amps. 
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    Skylark surely for home use

@ Allthegear - thanks not sure about the 10" speaker though. How did you find it compared with the 1x12?
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16127
    Rambler will probably stay too pristine for too long if you want a bit of hair
    maybe ok in Triode mode
  • I preferred the 1x12 although there is nothing wrong with the 1x10. I'm currently playing a vintage Princeton with a 10" speaker and it's fine for home and small gigs as this is how the previous owner used it
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9585
    I preferred the 1x12 although there is nothing wrong with the 1x10. I'm currently playing a vintage Princeton with a 10" speaker and it's fine for home and small gigs as this is how the previous owner used it
    1x12 is better and fuller imho
    Thanks for all the replies. Had some tempting offers but nothing definite yet. I should have said in original post that budget is around £1,200 and ideally I would be paying by PayPal (will cover fees) and getting the amp couriered.
  • dcgdcg Frets: 231
    PM'd you re my contribution to this Carr conversation...