NGD (last week) - Knaggs Quebec-series Kipawa

What's Hot
WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5436
Got one of the £255 blowout specials on eBay from the old distributor... pretty insane deal for an NOS guitar that retailed closer to £1200 when it was new. Several people have been asking for pics, so here she is. Nice bit of bearclaw figuring on the spruce and a little flame on the edges of the mahogany. Basically, really excellent-looking woods (and it's all-solid, too).

It's a great-sounding guitar. Needs a teeny bit of setup work, I suspect it was in storage for > 3 years and the neck has moved quite a bit but it's nothing that can't be sorted with new strings, a quarter-turn on the truss rod and some patience.

If anyone else got one, please share pics!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7520
    Jeez that's a hell of a blowout! 

Enjoying it?
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I was very very tempted by them but I have more acoustics than I can use.
     Last time they did some at that price they didn't have a pickup but iirc the ad said these do so that's a real bargain.    
    Looks like a very nice guitar.  
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5436
    John_P said:
    I was very very tempted by them but I have more acoustics than I can use.
     Last time they did some at that price they didn't have a pickup but iirc the ad said these do so that's a real bargain.    
    Looks like a very nice guitar.  
    No pickup on these, the ads were wrong (I checked ahead because the pics did not show the usually obvious control).... but still a deal...!

Great so far. Some new Martin HD Light strings will be delivered by the postman today, so I can sort that out.
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 454
    I picked one up, my first acoustic.

Initial impressions are:

The neck is excellent - frets feel tiny (they're standard acoustic size, after electrics it seems very old fashioned).
    The action is very high near the body, neck relief and nut are good so it will be a saddle adjustment to correct.
    The tuners are excellent - look cool and function very well.
    Fit and finish is very good. 

An excellent find gents - thanks for highlighting it on the forum. :)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5436
    Very good!! Congrats!
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 621
    I had actually pulled the trigger one of these but then the seller emailed saying it didn't have electronics, so I cancelled. Didn't want to have to buy a pickup for it. I think they subsequently re-listed and sold it. Glad you like it!