SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fs or ft - mooer little monster ac and a couple of spare valves AND a simple attenuator

So I'm genuinely looking at selling this, or better yet, trading it. It sounds amazing - it's definitely the best sounding "ac" style amp I've heard that's 5 watts. It's loud enough to pub gig with a little crunch and, surprisingly, takes pedals very well.

It'll come with my home made attenuator in a tin. It lets you get crunchy ac30 sounds at bedroom volume. It's not the best attenuator (it's linear and not a super smooth taper by definition of its parts) but it is functional. It is also useful for knocking a few dbs off when you can get a little volume. This amp is loud, especially when compared to a lot of other 5 watters.

And it's portable, to say the least :D it comes with a spare preamp and power amp valve. Full working order, flick the top boost on and enjoy!

I'd swap for a suitable valve or solid state combo that's capable of cleans and fairly heavy crunch. An older Marshall valvestate or peavey bandit would be ace, or if you're feeling crazy, a black star amp would be neato. Open to suggestions, though.

I would consider throwing in my 2x10 Laney cab, top. Not the best cab in the world, but it works and has seen me through for many years. It'll let you get the head working at least, and with a speaker change, would be a pretty nice closed back cab.

So... Anyone want to do Brian may and beatles impressions in the studio? :D
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    hi bud :)
     any pics and price? 
    thanx 
  • Haha forgot price! I think I'd rather trade, but I will put up a price - are you okay if I think on that for a while?  The cab isn't worth a massive amount, maybe £35 tops? It has those old HH speakers, and while the 10s are better than the 12s, they really could use an upgrade.

For the head, I'll think on it, look into RRP and such - don't want to put a silly high price up! I'm based in Cambridgeshire, if that's any use to anyone (used to be Paultheoneyoulove). 

I'll post on this when I've had a think later this afternoon ;) you'll have first dibs if you're interested.
    a price and where you are is always helpful, whoever buys it + pics always wet the g.a.s. whistle! :)
  • I'm working on pics, but after jangling my way through some classics, I wonder if I can't just save up for a peavey bandit myself...
  • Used Bandits can be had for under £100 all day long.

211daved112 was selling one on the old forum before it went tits up.

Dunno if he made it over

• Okay, withdrawing this from sale. I like it too much, and I'm not desperate for a new one. I'll save for a bandit or 6505+ myself.

If someone does have a trade in mind, I'll consider, but for now, it's not for sale. Sorry, stuagu!
    hey its all good bud ... :-)