Psychobilly.

breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10296
I was a massive fan of this genre in the late eightees and after digging my old LP's out of the garage recently have somewhat rediscovered it.I remember it was quite popular round our way for a short period but after discovering Metallica when the Black Album come out I started listening to more metal and forgot about Psychobilly.I was therefore quite surprised when looking on YouTube at some of my favorite Psycho bands to see most of them are still together and still touring and the scene is probably bigger than it was back in the day.

Was anyone else into psycho back then or have you recently rediscovered any music from your youth.

Here's some examples of bands I was into if anyone's interested.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    edited February 2014
    I was never a massive fan of the genre at the time but looking back, it definitely had something and i like the fact it didn't take itself too seriously. I always try and put a bit of King Kurt in my NYE DJ sets....  

I met Paul Choppy Lambourne of Demented Are Go, busking in Southampton a few years ago so I booked his band, The Borderlines to play at our local motorcycle club. They were excellent but a bit under appreciated by the crowd. Paul played on the last Jim Jefferies album. I think. 

I really like that Frantic Flinstones track, thanks for sharing.
  • What?  No Cramps?

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2559
    Or the Meteors?
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10296
    Ok one of my favourite Meteors tracks

Talking of covers I always enjoyed these two

Laugh, love, live, learn.