Jono @ Music Locker

What's Hot
voxmanjohnvoxmanjohn Frets: 75
edited August 2017 in Amps
As some of you may know. I have been trying to get info and value on my what is actually a 1964 Vox AC30.

After research and a heads up from fellow forum member @DJH83004 ;to speak to Jono @jkirk170493 at Music Locker. I got in touch with him.

What a helpful guy, lots of knowledge and actually pointed me in the direction an original speaker thats up for sale being as mine has one original speaker and a newer Celestion alnico blue. So now my vox will hopefully have 2 original blues in there and I am keeping it due to one or two non original parts :-)

Really want to thank Jono for his help on this and any advice on vintage amps you need Jono is your man and he was so kind to give me his number and ask any further questions on my vox after sending photos on the chasis.

I do not know if this is correct part of the forum to post this but a BIG shout out to Jono!!!

Cheers mate

John
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1442
    voxmanjohn said:
    ... I am keeping it due to one or two non original parts :-)

Nice one John!

As I said via PM, stick a top boost module on it and enjoy the best amp tone in history.

P
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    thanks for sharing this @voxmanjohn; it will come in useful when I bring over my '68 AC50 from Germany in October which hasn't been switched on in nearly 30 years

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NPP said:
    thanks for sharing this @voxmanjohn; it will come in useful when I bring over my '68 AC50 from Germany in October which hasn't been switched on in nearly 30 years

Jono @jkirk170493 is definitely the man!
  • Dodge said:
    voxmanjohn said:

Nice one John!

As I said via PM, stick a top boost module on it and enjoy the best amp tone in history.

P

Really considering it Paul. This blue is going to set me back a little though :-P

Thanks again for your help my friend.

• clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Dodge said:
    voxmanjohn said:

Nice one John!

P
    What is this top module, a mod, pedal?
  • DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    @voxmanjohn, I could have sworn I mentioned getting in touch with Jono in a previous thread  ;)  but anyway glad he got you sorted  

• DodgeDodge Frets: 1442
    clarkefan said:
    Replica of the 'brilliance units' Vox created as a retrofit for the non top boost amps. You install them in the back panel and it gives you the top boost channel.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263064670256

No affiliation with the seller, and probably a tech job if you're not handy around high voltages.
  • DJH83004 said:
    @voxmanjohn, I could have sworn I mentioned getting in touch with Jono in a previous thread  ;)  but anyway glad he got you sorted  

@DJH83004 I am so sorry :-( My apologies mate. Spoke to so many initially.

• DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    No worries at all John, just glad you got everything sorted, that's what I like about this forum, everybody helps out whenever they can and it amounts to a pretty impressive pool of knowledge.  
  • DJH83004 said:
    No worries at all John, just glad you got everything sorted, that's what I like about this forum, everybody helps out whenever they can and it amounts to a pretty impressive pool of knowledge.  
    Yes love this place for all it has to offer :-) Thanks again mate.
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    Dodge said:
    clarkefan said:
    Replica of the 'brilliance units' Vox created as a retrofit for the non top boost amps. You install them in the back panel and it gives you the top boost channel.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263064670256

No affiliation with the seller, and probably a tech job if you're not handy around high voltages.
    Never heard of that, thanks @Dodge :)
  • jkirk170493jkirk170493 Frets: 27
    edited August 2017
    This is lovely of you! I'm glad I could help and really appreciate you taking the time out to post this! Thanks @DJH83004 too!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom