SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Tom Anderson Cobra, Price drop £1250 delivered.

What's Hot

Comments

• Whats the full spec?

Woods
    Neck profile
    Etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33819
    Cobra's are mahogany body with maple cap, mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard.
    Neck carves are usually specific to the model, sort of like an Even Taper but with a bit more shoulder.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • From the Anderson site, where you can search the serial number, obviously as mentioned pickups have been changed:

Model - Cobra 
    Body Finish - Honey Burst with Binding 
    Body Wood - Figured Maple Top on Mahogany 
    Neck Wood - Mahogany, Rosewood Fretboard 
    Neck Finish - Black Headstock, Satin Back 
    Nutwidth - 1 11/16 in 
    Frets - Heavy 
    Back Shape - 
    Hardware - Chrome 
    Bridge - Non-Tremolo Fixed Bridge 
    Pickguard - 
    Pickups - H1- H2+ 
    Switching - 5 Way 
  • Trades considered bump
  • Bump
  • Bump for a lighter guitar please :)
  • bump
  • Bump for a lighter guitar please :)
    Surprised by this Johnny - are you going to get significantly lighter than 6.9 lbs?
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • I am hoping so, either a hollow cobra or a PRS Hollowbody. I did one hour long gig with it last Thursday and I am still in pain now, the only guitar I can gig without needing to book the chiropractor is my hollow drop top, Which is great for funk stuff and the HB for the distorted stuff, but I need that mahogany grunt for certain things I have to play. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11953

Lighter?

I have an Ibanez that is lighter than any wooden solid guitar I have ever picked up. GAK has marked them down to £1500

http://www.gak.co.uk/en/ibanez-sv5470f-nbl-natural-blue/51888?gclid=CKSW872VmboCFbMftAodEGsA7g

I still have a few months' warranty left on it, but it's not my thing. So light though - amazingly comfortable

• Great guitars the S series, My old guitar teacher had one in the early 90's, Sadly looking for something more traditional got lots of super strats :)
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2606
    edited October 2013
    I am hoping so, either a hollow cobra or a PRS Hollowbody. I did one hour long gig with it last Thursday and I am still in pain now, the only guitar I can gig without needing to book the chiropractor is my hollow drop top, Which is great for funk stuff and the HB for the distorted stuff, but I need that mahogany grunt for certain things I have to play. 
    Sorry to hear that.  I hope you get what you're after.  I thought I was narrowing down my options a lot with an upper weigh limit of around 7.5lbs.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11953

I have to use the chiro too, a very expensive necessity

For the record, this Ibanez is very very light - 7.2 lbs, less than my hollow bodies. It's a syncro trem, so is not a locking one, so plays more traditionally, but as you say, you have superstrats already.

what about getting something like an Ibanez semi, there are some strat style very light ones, lighter than chambered. Also the big Pat Metheny signature ones. Not sure you could get the sound you need though, just an idea

• Never really considered an Ibanez since my metal years in the late 90's :) Maybe time to revisit the website etc Its quite possible what I am after does not exist, but the search must go on! I simply love the Cobra's, damn near perfect guitars :(
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33819
    I am hoping so, either a hollow cobra or a PRS Hollowbody. I did one hour long gig with it last Thursday and I am still in pain now, the only guitar I can gig without needing to book the chiropractor is my hollow drop top, Which is great for funk stuff and the HB for the distorted stuff, but I need that mahogany grunt for certain things I have to play. 
    My lightest guitar is actually a solidbody Anderson classic- just under 6lbs.

Look for an Anderson with Alder (Tom uses lightweight alder) or Swamp Ash body & maple neck, they can be lighter than hollow Cobra's.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I actually already have a HSH classic, its the mahogany Im after for the tone :)
  • Price drop bump! found a Hollow Cobra I want to buy!
  • Jonnysixstring;15485" said:
    Me too! always costs double what you thought, Had to sell a LP Heritage 80, 91 CU24 and a Knagg's to finish ours :( that is why I am re-building the collection 
    I'm an anti snob for guitars, but bugger me, I'd have loved to have seen your collection!

Good look recollecting :D
  • Its still a reasonably impressive collection, but once you have had one Anderson most other guitars are not up to it. I have stepped up my playing schedule quite significantly this year (6 nights a week most weeks) so I can only really justify keeping guitars I gig. In the past I did lots of sessions and song writing so could justify them as "studio" guitars, but with dodgy back, shoulder and neck weight is a real issue, I have just got back from chiropractor and acupuncture this morning! I love the Cobra but the muscle damage doesn't!
  • I do regret letting go of the Knaggs though awesome guitars!