I've decided to quit being a mod..

What's Hot

Comments

• ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited August 2017
    I don't view the team here as leaders, but merely the silly buggers who have the thankless task of serving, for the common good, this Forum. I doubt they live in a bubble, and have bills to pay and cat shit to clean up too...just like the rest of us. 

At the risk of repeating myself, I personally thank all the team for whatever service they have given, or are giving, to keep this dance going. I appreciate the work. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28198
    Emp_Fab said:

Oh, and Sporky, that LOL was from me :-)

Shit filled indeed :-)
    Thank you, but really, this stuff writes itself.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    edited August 2017
    Emp_Fab said:
    That's pretty much it.  I'm an olympic class ranter and I need to blow off steam perhaps more than most.  It makes it difficult to argue back when you're a mod.  I mean, it's not easy to tell if I'm calling you a twat personally or if you are an official twat.
    Indeed. Just remember that the banhammer quite literally has your name on it
    Confusion mode on.  Eh ?  I wasn't calling you a twat... @digitalscreamthe 'you' meant 'anyone'.  Also, why does the banhammer have my name on it ??  Is that as in 'the mod community banhammer that has been imaginarily signed by all those who've used it' or as in 'watch it sunshine' :-)
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    Emp_Fab said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    That's pretty much it.  I'm an olympic class ranter and I need to blow off steam perhaps more than most.  It makes it difficult to argue back when you're a mod.  I mean, it's not easy to tell if I'm calling you a twat personally or if you are an official twat.
    Indeed. Just remember that the banhammer quite literally has your name on it
    Confusion mode on.  Eh ?  I wasn't calling you a twat... @digitalscreamthe 'you' meant 'anyone'.  Also, why does the banhammer have my name on it ??  Is that as in 'the mod community banhammer that has been imaginarily signed by all those who've used it' or as in 'watch it sunshine' :-)
    Nah, I just meant in general...I'm used to being called a twat (mostly by my wife, actually).

I just mean that you were actually the first person to use the banhammer, and it amused me to conflate that with the expression "has your name on it" expression.

Thanks for sinking my funnyship, though :P
    <space for hire>
    Was I ?????  Jesus, you've got a good memory !!  A spammer was it ??

I never did like those spammers....  running across the floor...  little buggers...  they'd go right up your trouser leg if you didn't catch them.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Oh, and Sporky, that LOL was from me :-)

Shit filled indeed :-)
    Thank you, but really, this stuff writes itself.
    Don't think I didn't see through that one either....    ;)
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Actually, it is all Drew's fault.  Come to think of it, everything is Drew's fault.  Trump, Global warming, famine, North Korea, the Cuban Missile Crisis....  He's a complete cnut.

:) 
    "Here... what I can do is make a really snide and offensive post, and put a smilie at the end of it... that covers my back.... and then all the trolls can rock on up and wisdom that post, to put some concrete numbers behind those sentiments, thus doing my job for me... mwahahahahaha!"

Obviously that's just a joke though. I don't really think that. :)
    Fuck me... you're sensitive today babe.  C'mon man.... "a really snide and offensive post" - joking that you're responsible for the Cuban Missile Crisis and Global Warming etc ?  You for real ???!!!

For the record, I didn't think for a second that anyone would Wis that.  I was hoping for a few LOLs.  I was hoping for a LOL from you actually !  It certainly wasn't the strange motive you've conjured up dude.  I'm not that weasely.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Emp_Fab said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    Actually, it is all Drew's fault.  Come to think of it, everything is Drew's fault.  Trump, Global warming, famine, North Korea, the Cuban Missile Crisis....  He's a complete cnut.

:) 
    "Here... what I can do is make a really snide and offensive post, and put a smilie at the end of it... that covers my back.... and then all the trolls can rock on up and wisdom that post, to put some concrete numbers behind those sentiments, thus doing my job for me... mwahahahahaha!"

Obviously that's just a joke though. I don't really think that. :)
    Fuck me... you're sensitive today babe.  C'mon man.... "a really snide and offensive post" - joking that you're responsible for the Cuban Missile Crisis and Global Warming etc ?  You for real ???!!!

For the record, I didn't think for a second that anyone would Wis that.  I was hoping for a few LOLs.  I was hoping for a LOL from you actually !  It certainly wasn't the strange motive you've conjured up dude.  I'm not that weasely.
    I did give you a LOL! It was just a real life one!
    Yeah, but then you said all that stuff about "a really snide and offensive post" ! ?

We are going to have to formulate some rules of engagement here man...  the confusion between banter and a real swipe is causing trouble.  Without verbal or visual clues it's very difficult to tell.  I don't know whether to come back at you with some bantah or punch you in the cock.  Maybe we could add a 'safe word' or something as an indicator....  e.g. "Here... what I can do is make a really snide and offensive post, and put a smilie at the end of it... that covers my back.... and then all the trolls can rock on up and wisdom that post, to put some concrete numbers behind those sentiments, thus doing my job for me... mwahahahahaha! - antelope".
    I don't think "antelope" means what you think it means.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
    Yeah, but then you said all that stuff about "a really snide and offensive post" ! ?

We are going to have to formulate some rules of engagement here man...  the confusion between banter and a real swipe is causing trouble.  Without verbal or visual clues it's very difficult to tell.  I don't know whether to come back at you with some bantah or punch you in the cock.  Maybe we could add a 'safe word' or something as an indicator....  e.g. "Here... what I can do is make a really snide and offensive post, and put a smilie at the end of it... that covers my back.... and then all the trolls can rock on up and wisdom that post, to put some concrete numbers behind those sentiments, thus doing my job for me... mwahahahahaha! - antelope".
    Well nothing I ever say is a real swipe, and contrary to what I've said in the past, nothing I ever say on here has that much thought behind it. It's all posturing point-scoring bullshit. Coz that's who I am. I'm a thicko and a dunce and a dullard. I am fundamentally broken as a person and long for death, but I'm too much of a chicken-shit to sort it out. So just ignore anything I say, it's not worth it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_TNBD said:

I [snip] long for death
    It sounds better if you say "the sweet chill embrace of the grave".
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

I [snip] long for death
    Hmmm, Bit too gay.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    More metro, I'd say.

Not hipster though, and that's the important bit.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Sporky said:
    Drew_TNBD said:

I [snip] long for death
    Hmmm, Bit too gay.
    Flagged for Homophobia ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback

I swear to god this stupid fucked editor is going to be the death of me.

I keep getting stuck inside quotes and can't break out!
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26581
    Emp_Fab said:
    I swear to god this stupid fucked editor is going to be the death of me.

I keep getting stuck inside quotes and can't break out!
    You can always Ctrl-Z out of whatever you got yourself into. Or just click the </> button, delete everything then click it again - that'll clear the whole thing and you can start from scratch.
    <space for hire>
    Please @digitalscream Lee...  Can't we replace it with something else?  You quote someone and then start typing and as soon as you hit the space bar you're inside their quote and you can't escape!