Downsizing my 'big' board from PT JR to Metro 24

noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 798
I've realised the PT JR is just becoming a marshalling yard for frequently used pedals not currently on the Nano +, which is the board I actually use 90% of the time. The only thing about the Nano is I can't get both the Space Echo (or DMM if feeling adventurous) and Vibutron on it at the same time. With the Metro 24 I could do that and still have room for the core drive, boost, tuner section (and even chorus if I stagger the small pedals).

Anyone else use a Metro 24?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    I've been going smaller and smaller. I usually take the PA so for me it's all about the minimum I can get away with at a gig now. Currently use a Metro20 with 2x Drives, Nova Delay, Tuner, Chorus, Reverb and boost. Seems to cover all the bases I need. :)
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    Yep, I recently went from jr to m24 and I'm a lot happier. I don't miss the incline of the jr, I would always kick the knobs on a front row pedal when stomping on a back row one. I have my pedals in a row on the metro, no more kicking knobs. The metro also "feels" a lot tidier when I put it away, probably because it's flatter. 

It all hinges on having a cioks power supply which aren't cheap but they're excellent and fit under the metros and nanos. 
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    I've been going smaller and smaller. I usually take the PA so for me it's all about the minimum I can get away with at a gig now. Currently use a Metro20 with 2x Drives, Nova Delay, Tuner, Chorus, Reverb and boost. Seems to cover all the bases I need. :)
    It's worth noting that it's hard to fit a standard PSU under a Metro though. I use a Harley Benton PPJ and had to fit taller rubber feet to raise the board enough for the PSU. 
  • Yes, a Cioks DC5 is definitely on the list. Currently using a Diago daisychain which fortunately hasn't caused noise issues with the pedals I have right now, but it would be neater and easier to use a DC5 as well as giving more voltage options and choice of higher current pedals that don't like daisychains.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    It's worth noting that it's hard to fit a standard PSU under a Metro though. I use a Harley Benton PPJ and had to fit taller rubber feet to raise the board enough for the PSU. 
    There was a recent That Pedal Show vid showing Matt Schofields new board which showed how to fit a GigRig generator under a Metro 24. I shall be trying that myself as mine currently lives on top.

Also downsized a while ago from a PT Jr to the Metro 24 and very happy. Just working out if I can go down to a Metro 20...
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    edited August 2017
    Also, I don't see how going from Jr to Metro24 is downsizing. What was a tight squeeze on the Jr fits on the front row of the metro24 with room to spare (footswitches nicely spread out, space for 3 more boss/mxr pedals laid horizontal on the back rail). Again, this is as long as the power is underneath.