Grainger Guitars - Apollo & Hades Models

What's Hot
Hi Fellas

Thought I'd post a pic of our first two designs, the double cut is our Apollo, shown here in fixed bridge dual humbucker with coil splitting switches, and the explorer esq one is our hades, once again fixed bridge dual humbucker

Both designs are open to variation including fitment of trems and different pup configurations

Look forward to your feedback

:-)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited August 2017
    Nice! They are certainly lookers! Hope they sing as well as they pout! Got any recordings? Also, vague hints at pricing. 

Ps... Someone will eventually be that guy and ask about weight so get your scales out

Really like the holes idea for the semi. Very different look!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice! They are certainly lookers! Hope they sing as well as they pout! Got any recordings? Also, vague hints at pricing. 

Ps... Someone will eventually be that guy and ask about weight so get your scales out
    Thanks, pricing on the above ranges from £1500 - £2000 depending on spec's, the sunburst one and the hades on the right side and the strat on the left have sold, but we have two more Hades in stock and another Apollo which is the one below (blue one).  Just working on two new models as well - a single cut and a V

Check our facebook page as there loads of vids and pics on there

Hopefully the link below works

https://www.facebook.com/999865213371124/videos/1524646010893039/
  • Here's the other stock Hades & Apollo

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    These look fantastic! Well done and fair play for making a go of this.

Its a real pity the guitar playing community's  psyche is firmly stuck in Gibson and fender land. We should do more to show off UK talent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That had stock shape is very prs-ey ... is there an issue with that? Just a thought

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • That had stock shape is very prs-ey ... is there an issue with that? Just a thought
    if you lay ours over a PRS there is a difference, ours is narrower at the top and more elongated but of course there is a similarity - I guess if it became an issue we'd have to do something to change it
  • AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    They are some fine instruments. I bet they're going down a storm in the rock and metal communities. Is that your target market with these?
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
  • the Hades and V are aimed at Rock/Metal for sure the double and single cuts are aimed a little more main stream.....getting our name out there is a hard slog at the moment
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    The Hades is one of the coolest New shapes I've ever seen.
  • underdog said:
    Thanks underdog, we're working on a V to compliment it, here a pic of the progress so far ...
  • AdjiAdji Frets: 142
    tFB Trader
    I remember seeing these at a show, the Apollo is awesome!

• Adji said:
    I remember seeing these at a show, the Apollo is awesome!
    Cheers Adji, was it the newcastle show or the newton le willows show?....did you get chance to have a play?  t.b.h. the show days are so busy they go with a blur....glad you like them :-)
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    edited August 2017
    underdog said:
    Thanks underdog, we're working on a V to compliment it, here a pic of the progress so far ...
    I really like the explorerish version, the V not so much. The side bevels work brilliantly but the one in the V make it look a bit like moose antlers.  But I think you have all the right design elements in the Exp and they could easily be translated into the V to make them a more coherent design pair.

As a suggestion, take the top fin shape of the explorer, stretch it to fit the V.  Have the same swoosh shaped bevel on either side meeting  at a sharp point just behind the bridge.

edit - a 2 minute sketch and flip to show what i mean - obviously the bevels are not quite right because they would need to match that style on your other guitar and my weird crop makes the headstock far too pointy

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
    underdog said:
    I can see the moose antlers thing but more than anything that guitar is so metal it would need to be sold with a pair of leather trousers.