NPD: Fuzz content

What's Hot
smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 666
Had me some fun tonight....

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/keir_smith/AEC44B25-C37A-44C0-93E6-686AA3ADBB31.jpg

Variac Fuzz bought this week from the forum, is VERY good and definitely holds it own against the Mini Bone and Muffroom Cloud - and then some!!

Only tried at bedroom volumes though, can't wait to get it cranked!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    What fuzz camp does it fit into?
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 666

It's definitely in the Fuzz Face camp, as it's an evolvement of the Band Of Gypsy's Fuzz Face. It's had a tone knob added to be able to tweak/remove the high-end.

It can get really fat sounding, but there's a lot of different tones to be had depending on how you have the 4 knobs set as well as guitar volume.

With the Mini Bone in "normal" mode, the MXR can get really close....maybe once I get things running at higher volumes/output level things will be different.

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929

It's definitely in the Fuzz Face camp, as it's an evolvement of the Band Of Gypsy's Fuzz Face. 

If it's based on MXR's Band Of Gypsy's Fuzz Face, then it isn't Fuzz Face based as the former isn't a Fuzz Face circuit wise; it's based on an Octavio with the octave up removed.   The only F/Face thing about it is the name; merely cynical marketing by MXR.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't have much knowledge of fuzzes, clearly. Ha ha! Cheers for the info bud. All I known is that it sounds ace