Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best 2 channel overdrive/distortion pedal

2»

Comments

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited February 2014
    d8m said:
    Have heard good things about this:

I've got that on my pedal board right now...I also have the Double Trouble and their Chorus as well..big fan here of Visual Sounds pedals. Really good and those new switches are supposed to last forever to!

Now I have the TS side for my rhythm sound and kick in the dist side to boost it for solos..and it works perfectly. On its own the dist side I think is a bit meh...I'd never use it without the TS side being stacked with it..as its a bit DS-1 ish but with the TS side on and dialled right for a volume and gain hike for solos its perfect. Highly recommend it and the Double Trouble to! Great pedals.

I had the HT Dual for a couple of years and that might be even better. Just it was a heavy beast and needed its own PSU....that apart great pedal.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    viz said:
    What about the Jemini?
    Not tried one but I'd bet on it being very similar to the Jekyll n Hide above...basically a TS and a DS-1 in one box like the VS pedal. Only it'd be dearerer.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17652
    tFB Trader
    siraxeman said:
    viz said:
    What about the Jemini?
    Not tried one but I'd bet on it being very similar to the Jekyll n Hide above...basically a TS and a DS-1 in one box like the VS pedal. Only it'd be dearerer.
    The Hyde side is a Shredmaster rather than a DS1
  • Radial TriMode. Or the Plexitube if you want a more british flavour. Simply awesome pedals.
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1622
    kingsley jester or jouster, obviously

siraxeman said:
    d8m said:

I've got that on my pedal board right now...I also have the Double Trouble and their Chorus as well..big fan here of Visual Sounds pedals. Really good and those new switches are supposed to last forever to!

Now I have the TS side for my rhythm sound and kick in the dist side to boost it for solos..and it works perfectly. On its own the dist side I think is a bit meh...I'd never use it without the TS side being stacked with it..as its a bit DS-1 ish but with the TS side on and dialled right for a volume and gain hike for solos its perfect. Highly recommend it and the Double Trouble to! Great pedals.

siraxeman said:
    viz said:
    What about the Jemini?
    ah yeah I do recall reading that now some time ago...still on its own I'm not a fan...stacked with the TS side is very nice. :)
    siraxeman said:
    d8m said:

siraxeman said:
    viz said:
    What about the Jemini?
    ah yeah I do recall reading that now some time ago...still on its own I'm not a fan...stacked with the TS side is very nice. :)
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    edited February 2014
    Rodenberg pedals for 2 different or the same TS flavours
    Xotic AC or BB Plus (latter has more gain)
    Another +1 for the Box of Rock
    Some of the Radial Bone units
    Wampler Tom wotshisname
  • vizviz Frets: 10710
    siraxeman said:
    viz said:
    What about the Jemini?

And prettierer.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30935
    If Pete Cornish would make a CC1/P1 that would be the king of all....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    The new amp tweaker ones look very good
  • I used a Radial Texas Bones when I was gigging - can't fault it at all!!! Goes from a convincing tubescreamer to quite a heavy overdrive, twice!!!
  • Tc nova drive
  • The Vox Satchurator is fairly good. Does classic rock & blues sounds very well.
  • Can I just make a massive recomendtion again for the wampler hot wired. I used it as my only drive pedal last night and it was spectacular! I keep looking for reasons to sell it so that I can try something new, however it's just so damn good that I can't sell it. To put it into some context, this pedal is on my board instead of a lazy j cruiser, ethos overdrive, KoT, zendrive and various other fuzzes that I used for distortion!!
  • H&K Tube Factor.  Don't know about the non-okko modded ones, comments vary about a volume boost, but when modded it covers almost all bases.  Mine's not for sale.

Those not covered are covered by the Owen Space Charge.  Mine's not for sale.