JHS Sweet Tea

What's Hot
bassborabassbora Frets: 132
edited August 2017 in FX
Does anyone have any experience of the above pedal?  I am especially interested in the V2 version with the 808 circuit.  What are your thoughts?
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Isn't it Sweet Tea? Sweat Tea sounds quite unpleasant. 

V3 just coming out so there's about £50 off V2 at the moment. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bassborabassbora Frets: 132
    Haha my mistake. Any experience of it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Duck for cover, here's come another JHS thread!
     :) 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    One side is an MI Audio Crunch box clone (the original was a verbatim rip-off of a Madbean DIY layout), the other side is a TS808 (was a verbatim rip of a Tonepad layout). He makes his own PCBs now though, so yay. I assume they've not changed otherwise, because why would he? So it is what it is.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    Duck for cover, here's come another JHS thread!
     :) 

Ahh one of these controversial builders. If it pleases the masses let's just not bother then. I don't want to stir anything up.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    JHS... I hear some use them religiously   ;)
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    The boring answer is that it is a good sounding pedal
    You can switch the order of the drives which is handy but I tend to always stack the TS into the AC
    sorry to be dull and talk about the actual pedal ...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Cabicular thanks for the info. I feel now really bad asking about this pedal. Its almost as bad asking folks to post naked pics of their wives or something. In the future I will carefully think through the consequences of any ill thought through questions and I officially apologise to all members of the fretboard. In future I will stay in my box (like the gimp in Pulp Fiction)
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    bassbora said:
    @Cabicular thanks for the info. I feel now really bad asking about this pedal. Its almost as bad asking folks to post naked pics of their wives or something. In the future I will carefully think through the consequences of any ill thought through questions and I officially apologise to all members of the fretboard. In future I will stay in my box (like the gimp in Pulp Fiction)
    I entered a competition to win a JHS pedal the other day and looked up reviews ( so that I would know what I might win, bit sad really but there you go...) and every one got on to JHS' history/ reputation for stealing layouts within about three posts so it's by no means a TheFB thing. 

They tend to seem very expensive to me, although maybe that's a built in the USA thing and I'm a bit naive about what these things should cost. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    I think I remember reading something like that some time ago. I think I read something similar about Wampler and I have one of those. I will probably burn in hell if I would also get JHS. Since I am confessing I was also looking at their delay pedals isn't it called Panther Cub or something. I might just as well start to buy fake handbags made in a sweat shop since I am going down this road 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Dodgy history notwithstanding, I just find they're very overpriced for what they are.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    I briefly owned a floral print limited edition one. I must confess, I bought it because I liked the way it looked. Decent pedal, not worth the scratch - mine was £300 and you can find a better TS for well under £150 and I don't particularly think the Marshall side is much to write home about. Better off buying a Box of Rock or Menatone or something and something else for leads. 
    Well thanks guys for your honest opinions on this pedal and maker., this is the reason why I like this forum so much.  I think I have lost interest and will look at some of the other suggestions.  I might start another thread but if anyone can think of something interesting you might as well let me know here.

I have a Wampler Triple Wreck and I like it and Fulltone OCD and I like it a lot.  I would like to have a third option (all going into a clean amp).  I like harder rock and metal but I do play also mellower stuff.  So any ideas would be welcome.