Looks like a lot of efforts gone in to this Dallas Range Master Clone

nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
Many of you may have seen this already but I thought it looked too nice not to share:

Didn't think it was a bad price either considering the custom enclosure and effort that's gone in to recreating the original design.

Not as portable as most modern clones but some may just want to pretend their Clapton in the Bluesbreakers.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    The Pigeon Fx stuff is supposed to be very good. I did look at that and um and ah, but I have few other straight rangemaster clones and have owned one original so I thought it'd be a bit unnecessary. No doubt if it's still there come next pay day I'll think differently. I love Joe's Pedals as a site. Great shit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Very tempting at that price(although I'm building a pedal parts clone this weekend!)

Wonder how it compares to the original.

d8m;169069" said:
    Very tempting at that price(although I'm building a pedal parts clone this weekend!)

Wonder how it compares to the original.
    From the attention to detail on the cosmetics alone, i would imagine it compares very favourably. I've owned/used probably in excess of 20 straight up Rangemaster units, originals, clones and "based ons" (not sure of the correct terms for those!). The closest to the originals I've found so far is the Throbak Strangemaster. I sorely regret selling mine, incredible sounding unit, as are all the Throbak pedals. Obviously you could line up 3 of the same of any treble booster and they'd all sound slightly different, but thats part of the appeal of them to me. The Throbak pedals are very consistent in my experience, though. I know a few people that got one after I got mine and they all sound very similar.
    Obviously due to signs of excessive weakness, I got the PigeonFX Rangemaster. Looks-wise, it is absolutely spot on. Incredible attention to detail. Soundwise, it's utterly fabulous. This is absolutely the closest thing i've heard to my old RM, although it may be little quieter (hiss-wise, not output-wise). Liked it so much, I gigged with it last night and just left it on the whole time - that and a wah, no other pedals.

Obviously it's completely impractical, but as an exercise in replicating an old and unavailable unit, it's wonderful. If anyone is even vaguely interested in a vintage voiced RM, please do yourselves a favour and check it out. If you don't give a shit about pedalboard-friendliness, it's a winner.
    That's a very good price for an original. Nice condition too.