T-rex spin doctor

domforrdomforr Frets: 326
Anyone have any experience of using this? Any good? comparable to the Effectrode Blackbird and Kingsley pedals at all?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• domforrdomforr Frets: 326
    No one ever played one of these? Perhaps that says something :)
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I don't know about the Spin Doctor but the T-Rex drive pedals I have tried have had a slightly muffled, congested sound that didn't appeal to me at all.
    I certainly found that with the Replica I had once upon a time. Little bit sterile.
  • I owned one for about 3 months - a SpinDoctor 2. Usual reason, I'd guess - looking to make a single channel amp into a multi-channel amp with a bit more control over volume levels when using varying drive levels.

So - it was easy to use and the knobs resetting themselves when you changed patches was cool to look at. Changes on the fly were also straightforward. Trouble was, I didn't like the drive sounds I could dial in. None of the sounds I could get were to my personal taste. I didn't give up at first and kept on trying, but no go. I'd say it was well made and very easy to use but can't say if you'd like the sounds you can get from it. I did get the volume balancing of channels that I was looking for, though. 

I own a T-Rex Reptile delay pedal (digital, but trying to sound analogue with modulation) and that sounds gorgeous, so I don't think T-Rex are poor, just didn't like the sounds from this particular pedal. I'd agree with you about the Replica, though (a straight digital delay) - sterile. 
    Cheers, that's very helpful. Will probably avoid then (the search continues). 
  • Had a trex moller and a gristle king. Both were superb pedals and stand up to any of the many boutique ones I've owned. 
  • domforr said:
    Cheers, that's very helpful. Will probably avoid then (the search continues). 
    Dunno. The tones I found weren't ones I liked. You might love them.