SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Apple keyboard - now SORTED

TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
edited September 2017 in Misc £
Does anyone have an Apple UK keyboard (preferably wireless)  they'd be willing to let go?

Mine has given up the ghost after I cleaned it yesterday!
We are all Chameleons...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    edited September 2017
    I have a spare one.
    Actually I have two- a wired extended keyboard and a wireless (non-extended) that takes 3x AA's.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14474
    edited September 2017
    Which exact version? (The positions of some of the function keys have changed over the years.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
     @Funkfingers my current one is model number A1314 (takes two AA batteries), if I could get one of those it would. be ideal (saves on batteries!)

@octatonic - thanks, I've sent you a PM
    We are all Chameleons...
  • I have at least one A1314.

The one that I can immediately locate is, ahem, roadworn/reliced.

The other should still be in BNIB condition, still sealed, inside the original product box for a desktop Mac that I no longer use. (I always preferred the USB full length keyboards - either with Logic shortcuts printed onto them or in conjunction with one of those overlay "skins".)

I say should because the BNIB wireless keyboard is stashed in a family attic across town. It is possible that I already sold it and subsequently forgot. 

I definitely shed one Apple wireless keyboard. It might have been the older A1255 three battery version. Looks like I shall need to get back to you on this.

TonyR said:
     @Funkfingers my current one is model number A1314 (takes two AA batteries), if I could get one of those it would. be ideal (saves on batteries!)

@octatonic - thanks, I've sent you a PM
    I've upgraded to the Magic extended keyboard on both systems and it is an excellent product.
    I'd never go back to AA keyboards- they are expensive but I can recharge them with a lightening cable, which is nice.
  • I would agree with you but, these days, I only use an MBP with the occasional dip into a G5 Pro for old times' sake.

With the A1214, I use(d) rechargeable Lithium AA cells.
    edited September 2017
    I use rechargeables too- with the A1255 I would have to recharge every 2 weeks or so.
    With the Magic keyboard I get 6 weeks and it doesn't stop working whilst recharging.
    I got a 3 pack of braided 2m long lightening cables from Amazon which are great too.
  • I have a AA x 2 wireless Mac keyboard and after a while it stopped working for no apparent reason. I discovered a fix where you drop a pea sized ball of aluminium foil into the battery compartment before replacing the batteries which ensures a proper connection to the battery contact. It fixed mine and it's worked fine ever since. Worth a go before you fork out for a replacement  :)
    @hassleham - it's not a problem with the battery connection, it's the keys - when I press them down, random characters (and multiples at that) are typed - I've stripped it down and cleaned under the key but to no avail.
    We are all Chameleons...
  • @TonyR ;
    Sorry, I presumed you meant it was totally unresponsive.
    @beed84 - yep, didn't work... I think the FoamClene has got into the circuit board to be honest and knackered it!
    We are all Chameleons...
  • Given a few days, it might dry out enough to work normally again. ...or, it might not.  :s
    Sorted now thanks to @danishbacon  :)
    We are all Chameleons...