Yet another request for info - this time doubkenecks.

Because i dont have enough time to finish all my other projects (2×mini guitars for my boys, a carved rocking chair and a backgammon board), i thought id get started on a long-considered project. Namely a 6+12 double neck in the style of Gibson or PRS. I have ordered some pickups from Ash at Oil City (thanks for being very helpful!), waiting on some info from D Dyke abd today ripped a piece of rippled ash for the top (damn slowly - there is a smidge over 9" vertical space on my bandsaw and rthe block of wood about 8 3/4") which im either going to be brave and attempt a blueberry burst or finish in amber.

However, finally, my question is does anyone have body dimensions for either EDS 1275 or the PRS. Im going to use my own body shape, but struggling to find length/width of the body. Also, what is (or would be a good starting point) for the distance between neck centrelines at the body join? I have tried to 'reverse engineer' by measuring on my laptop with a steel rule and using a known length (scale length) as a baseline, but theres potential for error there.

Ta muchly,
Adam
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10390
    tFB Trader
    I have a big file of guitar design PDFs ... I'll see if there's a double neck Gibson style one in there.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Cheers Ash, that would be fabulous if you have one.
    Adam

Been busy doing other things today, but pulled out some nicely figured hornbeam that might make a nice acoustic.....