Freddie Mercury

RockerRocker Frets: 4989
Just heard on the radio that Freddie Mercury would be 71 today if he were still alive. Hard to believe, R.I.P.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    A true legend. Amazing musician and songwriter. Amazing showman. And can we just remind ourselves (if we need reminding) just how good he was...

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
    The first time I heard Queen was when I saw the We are the Champions video on TV when I was 13. It was an amazing song, and I was fascinated by Freddie in that 2 colour leotard with the massive chest cut-out. I'd never seen or heard anyone like him. I was a massive Queen fan for many years, in the fan club and all that stuff. A brilliant band, but my interest faded after they bought synths in. I did like a few tracks on the Game and the Works though. 

Live he was brilliant. Bizarrely I felt extremely proud when they owned Live Aid. 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10444
    I love this :-1: 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11619
    tFB Trader
    My favourite singer of all time - loved him . Saw him live a number of times and met him and spent a day filming with him and the band - all top guys!

A familiar start to one of their gigs - I feel that they were at their peak between 1978-80

This somewhat naked recording of just Freddie and Piano taken from the free Hyde Park gig in 1976 shows how much command of his voice he had . The song hadn't been recorded yet but was obviously fully developed.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!