Negative equity Helix ?

What's Hot
siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
Is yours now so?? Wonder what they'll cost in 12 months from now.......
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• like most gear it's not worth it was when I bought it
    however the new price has gone up
    not sure what you are trying to achieve here?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bought for £1079
    now costs £1275
    Better return than Gold 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    edited September 2017
    Cabicular said:
    like most gear it's not worth it was when I bought it
    however the new price has gone up
    not sure what you are trying to achieve here?

Reminds me of a Patrick Kielty standup joke about houses... paraphrased..

"Patrick, you bought the most expensive house on your street the month before the crash!  You're in massive negative equity!  What are you going to do?

- Oh I don't know, I might just live in it"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Cabicular said:
    Bought for £1079
    now costs £1275
    Better return than Gold 

just ordered mine for £985..

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

siraxeman said:
    Cabicular said:
    Bought for £1079
    now costs £1275
    Better return than Gold 

a whole £94 to spend on celebratory cookies for your self :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • zackly!! :-) winner winner chicken dinner!! :lol:
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I Paid £1147 a year ago on interest free finance over 12 months I'm sure 12 Months from now there will be something better/cheaper, but it would have to be exceptional to make me give up my Helix.

At £95 a month it's released 1000's  of equity in amps and FX I no longer need and I've made a load more than that by gigging the thing.  What it's done in terms of set-up time, potability and how good the band sounds is priceless.

The whole point is I wanted one 12 months ago, depreciation didn't even enter my head, for the same reason I'm not walking round in my boxers in the hope trousers will come down in price after Christmas
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm thinking more in terms of the new price is falling. The market will reach saturation and to keep flogging them they will have to drop the price. They were over £1200 not long ago...perhaps all this EU thing affecting the £ had some bearing but I'd guess now their new price is starting to fall despite that? Methinks 12 months from now they might be under £900..we'll see!
    So if you are right the question is 'would I give up my Helix for a year to save £300?'  Not a chance.  The price has been all over the place recently, as much in relation to the strength (or lack of) of the pound rather than supply/demand.  The could just as easily go up in price in the next 12 months.  Bottom line is I don't care :)
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Does it matter? It's a similar story for most of the technology sector... Bottom line is you either want one or you don't.
  • I paid 950ish gbp new in feb last year thanks to the exchange rate. 

It's digital gear. At some point the price will fall. At some point the 2nd hand market will be flooded. But so long as I use it then it doesn't matter. The £per minute used ratio is already miniscule.
  • siraxeman said:
    Cabicular said:
    Bought for £1079
    now costs £1275
    Better return than Gold 

Helix floor?
    where from
  • Bax had one athat b stock with a 15% off discount code that was that price.
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited September 2017
    No mines a pre order from Richtone but with a 5% discount code.  I paid 50% down straight off and got 12 easy 0% payments to go..but likely i'll clear it off well before the 12 are up anyway. And when you think the finance companies are making their %age commission you wonder how much they can drop the price if you lose the finance!
  • So if you've got the cash, tell them and see what price you can get.

I'm not sure shops are supposed to offer a lower price because you're not taking out a finance deal.  But I'm not sure that non specific shops don't do this kind of thing either....
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405
    I would expect a second hand digital bit of kit like a Helix to lose value simply because the new owner won't have warranty and something like that is could be a nightmare to repair if a repair was feasible .... you can basically pay £700 for a used unit that could fail within 2 months leading to what amounts to a very costly rental ..... then you got the obsolescence that comes with any DSP based product as newer chips are more powerful
    I really want one but they are way too much money for me at the moment, I expect I'll get my chance when the Helix 3 comes out 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • ^^Tis true, same thing maybe especially so with computers.....if you want to be at the cutting edge of technology you will pay a hefty premium for it....in a couple of years likely the Helix will be discontinued or a mk2/3/4 supercedes it and the current model will be like a Pentium 3 windows 98 PC. Sad but true.
    I'm pretty sure there's a statement somewhere from Line 6 that Helix will be their flagship model 'for years to come' I wouldnt expect they will drop in price too much, too soon
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited September 2017
    siraxeman said:
    ^^Tis true, same thing maybe especially so with computers.....if you want to be at the cutting edge of technology you will pay a hefty premium for it....in a couple of years likely the Helix will be discontinued or a mk2/3/4 supercedes it and the current model will be like a Pentium 3 windows 98 PC. Sad but true.
    I think it will top of the tree for at least 5 years. These are small companies. Product development is probably the most expensive and time consuming bit and I think raising the modelling bar now in any meaningful way is tricky. They might well be working on helix 2 but bringing it to market is something different entirely.

Given native just launched, I think the immediate future looks bright and excited to see what l6 have planned.

That said if helix received no more development, I could not complain.  
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6111
    edited September 2017
    Danny1969 said:
    I would expect a second hand digital bit of kit like a Helix to lose value simply because the new owner won't have warranty and something like that is could be a nightmare to repair if a repair was feasible .... you can basically pay £700 for a used unit that could fail within 2 months leading to what amounts to a very costly rental ..... then you got the obsolescence that comes with any DSP based product as newer chips are more powerful
    I really want one but they are way too much money for me at the moment, I expect I'll get my chance when the Helix 3 comes out 
    The Helix warrenty is transferable to the new owner if the seller gives them the original receipt and de-registers the unit via the Line6 website.
    I picked up a used LT which was only two months old and registered it with Line6 without any problems.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom