Rock 'n' Roll Baby (2014 style)

What's Hot
dindudedindude Frets: 8537
How did we get from this:

To deliberately dropping a Microphone and saying "invoice me if you need to" (fast forward to about two minutes if you can't abide pretentious speeches) 

What a prick.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72323
    Why does anyone give a crap about the Shit awards? Bowie would have done better to keep his mouth shut as well, from what I hear.

I can't abide any of this music industry self-congratulatory mutual appreciation bollocks. Or the film industry equivalent for that matter.

Either you make good music (or films) and people like it, or you don't. You don't need an "award" to validate it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    ^^^ THIS! Most definitely this. :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited February 2014

Ever seen three band mates squirm more?  Car crash TV right there.

"I hate these awards I've turned up for.  Way too commercial.  I'm only here for the PR opp.  Rock 'n' Roll Baby.".

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited February 2014
    Oh! I thought you were about to become a dad @Dindude! :)

Completely agree. Affectation to the Nth Degree! I'm going to use a term I haven't used for probably 30 years. Toss Pot!
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10268
    YEAH ROCK N ROLL WHOOOOOOOO!

dude's not fit to wipe Keefs arse.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72323
    It's sad if he's come to this because he has written some pretty good songs, and I still like them as a band. I'm not going to even watch the clip though because not only do I despise that sort of thing it might make me burn the albums…

;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• A few years ago I'd have taken complete umbridge at these comments and defended the monkeys to the hilt but it's embarrassing how they have taken on this caricature of what they consider to be rock n roll and seemingly are being applauded completely for it. It's like a piss poor American sitcom. Kinda embarrassed that I even considered purchasing that album. It's so poor from start to finish.
    How very rock and roll
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Oh, I'd rather I'd not sold any albums at all, that's really rock & roll.
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • I always thought that basic male knowledge was do not draw attention to yourself when your mum has so obviously brushed your hair.  Schoolboy error from Alex there. 
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17606
    tFB Trader
    I've got no time for people drinking the free booze, taking the PR opp, accepting the award and then making out they are too cool to be there. 
  • Nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is, and likely off his face on coke from the way he was talking. Trying way too hard to be Josh Homme and failing miserably. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Oh dear. Still, the Brits havent been relevant to anybody over 13 for at least a decade so perhaps it doesnt matter what he says.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4999
    I don't get why people think Homme is cool. He was always the frat boy nerd hanging With the cool looking the cool looking band mates in kyuss.