SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Final Price Drop: Eminence Legend 105-16 10-inch Speaker £30 delivered; VHT Special 6 £SOLD,

What's Hot
jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
edited November 2017 in Amps £
Eminence Legend 105-16 10-inch Speaker - £35 ppg plus £5 p&p  £35 delivered NOW £30 delivered
Bought as an upgrade for the Special 6 (Which I returned to stock). Superb and responsive speaker, tight bass, clear mids and some bite to the top end. Great upgrade for any 1x10! I've got a box so can potentially be mailed.

VHT Special 6 1x10 - £89 ppg (collection or meet only) SOLD
Unfortunately this amp isn't getting used much anymore since I got a Yamaha THR practice amp. It's been gigged (where the venue has allowed) and it sounds fantastic, especially given price and size! I've returned it to the stock tubes and speaker and sounds great, more volume and headroom than any 6-watt amp has the right to. It's in well used condition and these are all point-to-point inside so easily serviced or repairable in the future.

I've done a couple of mods on it (there's a site that details lots of Special 6 mods) - I installed a switch to allow bigger valves to be used. Occasionally they don't work (a 6L6GC popped within 10 seconds) but generally they do (EL34 and 5881s sounded better and worked with zero issues - barely louder but has more headroom and a little less spongy - a nice option!) The other mod is installing a blend for the 'boost' (which is a tonestack bypass) so you can dial in the amount of volume boost rather than all-or-nothing as it is stock.

Eminence Legend 105-16 10-inch Speaker - £35 ppg (plus p&p - I'll get a quote if interested) plus £5 p&p
Bought as an upgrade for the Special 6 (Which I returned to stock). Superb and responsive speaker, tight bass, clear mids and some bite to the top end. Great upgrade for any 1x10! I've got a box so can potentially be mailed.

Any Questions please let me know!!

Edit: Now has a brand new ElectronHarmonix 6v6 included
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ah, I miss my special 6 ultra. If you were South East I would be tempted. Good luck with the sale, great amps.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Whereabouts are you?
  • jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    edited September 2017
    In Ramsbottom/Bury, North Manchester. But for you Dan, I'd deliver it .

Just had a go on this - power tube is going, needs a new one (tried with a good valve, its definitely fine! Bloody loud too)

JJ 6V6 is what I'd recommend in this! Will reduce the price to £79 taking into account a valve will be needed.

On the off-chance, straight swap for a Celestion Creamback 65 would also be great!
  • Are you sure you wouldn't post it? 
  • Sorry mate, packaging it up and sending it not preferable at this stage. If it's still here in a few weeks I'm happy to risk it but not if I don't have to!!
  • no worries, its a bargain for someone :)
  • Bump, still available!
  • Both still here. Anyone??
  • Bump
  • Back up to £89 - got a brand new EH 6v6 for it incoming. Really considering keeping this!!
  • Bump - both still available. New 6V6 installed in the VHT. Sounds great! 
  • Amp sold, Emi 105 still available!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump. Speaker £35 collected or £40 delivered
  • Bump
  • Price drop- £36 delivered 
  • Bump
  • Buuuuump
  • Bump. Anyone?? Wouldmake a great upgrade for any budget 1x10 5-water!!
  • Bump!
  • Bump!