I thought I hated SC middle pickups .....

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
I used to play strats mostly, and liked all positions except the middle by itself which I literally never used. I built my awesome main guitar last year, and put an HB at the bridge, a p90 in the neck and I stuck a SC in the middle just to get some interesting combined tones. All was well with that, but I was tweaking the height of the SC about a week ago and suddenly I'm like 'Hey, that's a great sound!' In a strat I'd probably still prefer the other pickups, but in this guitar it's awesome! I can't believe it took me over a year to find out!

I absolutely love the HB SC P90 pickup configuration. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28558
    Middle single coil is my favourite sound on a Strat.

Unless it's been wired for neck and bridge, in which case middle single coil is my second favourite sound on a Strat.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • I have owned my Strat for 37 years and my favourite positions are the bridge and middle together and the middle alone - fatter than the bridge, better in a  band mix than the neck. I had no idea that it wasn't popular until the advent of online forums but then what do I know? ;-)
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I love all SC positions on a Strat but my favourites are bridge and middle (on their own, of course).
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    My favourite lead tone is a bridge 'bucker and middle single.
    However, until recently the Friday jam was an acoustic (Paul) and an electric (me) and the middle single was my most used sound unless soloing.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    I use all the positions, depending on what feels right at the time, with a slight emphasis towards neck and bridge just because in the heat of the moment, it's easier to flick the selector all the way up or down.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom