Loop controller options...

What's Hot
Just wondering if something exists that does exactly what I want?

Basically I'm going down the preamp/poweramp route and I'm looking at getting 4 pedal preamps. I don't want to do the tap dance to switch 'amp' so I want a 4 pedal looper so I can stick each preamp in an individual loop. I know I can get a Joyo PXL4 and set up 4 patches so that each patch just has only one of the loops engaged but I wondered if there was something simpler that could do it that didn't require programming. Basically all i need is a set up where each loop is assigned to each pedal, but rather than adding loops in with the switches I want it so that each foot press disengages all other loops except the one I just pressed. (So if im playing through a clean pedal in loop 1 and I want to switch to a dirty pedal in loop 3, all I have to do is hit footswitch 3 rather than disengage 1 first.)

Is there a 'mechanical' way of doing this or is a programmable looper such as the PXL4 my only option?

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5144
    edited September 2017
    I think the Gigrig Quartermaster does this. It isn't programmable in the way the Joyo PXL loopers are, but it is more expensive.

You could always inquire with the UK based looper people- Bright Onion, Buzz Electronics etc.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Boss es5/8. Or one of the new musicomlab switchers?
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Boss es5/8. Or one of the new musicomlab switchers?

Seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut for what the OP's trying to do. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994

gig rig quarter master sounds like the easier 'non-programming one'

Buzz electronics do a 4 way switcher off the shelf, but have heard they're not the most user friendly interface.

they use the 4 way quartermaster in this and show it working how you'd want it ...20.50

• The quartermaster does exactly what I want! The 'flipflop' loop setting is what i'm after. A little pricey though. good call on enquiring with bright onions and buzz. The joyo will do what I want but its a little convoluted having to set up 4 patches and having to use the bank up and down switch... Still a good solution for the price though...

• I've sent you a pm about a programmable buzz electronics looper I would be willing to sell
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    This is the simplest one I've ever had: http://www.moenfx.com/abr.html
  • Thanks but it doesn't fulfil the criteria as it's only 2 loops and I need 4. I'm sorted with a Buzz electronics loop from @mattismetal - although it doesn't do exactly what I want like the gig rig it can be programmed to do what I want like the mooer can. Looking forward to getting it!