Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD - A Belated 50th...

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
edited September 2017 in Guitar
The Background...

Not sure if you know what it's like; you have a BIG birthday on the horizon and you think of ways to 'mark' it. 

In my case, it was my 50th pending this year, in July. I kinda always hoped that both Mrs Meister and I might visit USA, and come back with a CS/MB geetar; alternatively, I might buy a birthday year (1967) vintage Tele. Both of these quickly became expensive options, and unrealistic.

So, what to do ?

I have been trying a few guitars, mainly to supplement my outstanding Masterbuilt Strat. My criteria was simple - I must not just like the guitar, but LOVE it.

Many came and went - Huber, CS Jazzmaster, CS Jaguar (would still like to try and own a Johnny Marr Jag though). All of em I liked but didn't love.

I have realised that I don't like new guitars; love relics though, for their looks and worn in feel...

A visit to @Gassage proved to be the influence and game changer. I played his precious '73 Fender Thinline Tele, with original Seth Lover pick-ups in it. Outstanding, and so I started to look...

Some of you will know that I started a thread looking for one. 

Meant To Be ???

I love the thought of older a genuinely old guitar, but I realise that it can be a minefield. Any Baxter Bass had a nice one, but a bit too mint for me. I do like a relic, as I have already said

Then, Nick @St_Hubbins got in touch regarding his vintage '72 Thinline; the provenance and quality of it was kindly verified by Con @DrCornelius. We spoke a while, and this '72 slowly dropped from the radar...

I visited Doug at Coda on Monday, and tried a few Jazzmasters and Jaguars. Belting guitars, but again, the earth didn't move for me. Then, Nick contacts me out of the blue and reluctantly suggests that it might be back up for grabs... 

I'm away in a Hotel in Oxford for 4 days, and would you believe it, Nick is only 6 minutes from the Hotel !! He very graciously lends me the guitar over night, and I realise that I really would like to own this original 1972 Thinline. It is even supplied with provenance and details of a strip, service and verification.

The deal was done today, and I am delighted.

Big thanks for all those who advised and helped, but a very big notice of appreciation for Nick and Con. Top men both.

Sorry Nick for taking this off your hands, and for the lack of chat time !!!
0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments