Synergy?

What's Hot
Anyone else interested out there besides me and Jonathan @FelineGuitars?

http://synergyamps.com/

It's the next evolution of the Egnater modular preamp line with input from Soldano, Friedman, Diezel, Fryette, Morgan and Metropoulos.

I've got a few of the older dual Egnater offerings and some of the Randall - I'm excited by this and have just ordered some of the Synergy modules (HBE, VH4 & SLO) and the 1U preamp!

Now the worst bit - waiting :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Concept is cool. Had no idea they were ready to order now.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Woah. Siiiccckkkkk
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    Oh don't even get me started 
    I have loads of Egnater /Randall / Salvation?Jaded Faith mods but some of these have got me ready to by more

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• I was very interested in this in general having flirted briefly with a cheap Randall MTS amp in the past but as they seemed to take a million years to come to market (and the Supro module I'm sure they were including in the list before has now vanished) I'd already moved on to a different set up.

I got the waiting list preorder email through where they were reminding me I was interested in the 1 module host but then tried to say I'd be interested in the Friedman module (which I wouldn't be) and I couldn't be bothered to see what else I could do.

That said good luck to them for trying to do something different, their marketing and general PR has always been a bit poor though I think so hopefully they'll improve that this time
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • This is Metropoulos module being A/B'ed with the 68 Plexi it was voiced against

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTxwesu8FdU

It sounds amazing, so close, lets hope the rest are as good! :)

• Been thinking about this for a while to add channels to my existing amp (Friedman DS). Seems like a good option.
    My Trading Feedback Link is here i_b_tulloch

• what is the wait time for these?

• what is the wait time for these?
    Not 100%, sure I ordered some last week, so I'll let you guys know how long it takes! They are shipping the US pre-orders at the moment as there are pictures on rig talk!
  • Looks like you can get them from musikproduktiv.co.uk too

• Hmmm. You're talking over £2.5k for a two-channel amp (with, at best, a mismatched power section), or £1400 for just a two channel rack preamp. That's...expensive, to say the least.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I love MTS but am moving my modules on to save some space since I got my Helix. I think the concept is excellent and the tactility of the modules was something I liked. Very impressive sounds and the Synergy will take it to another level. Was considering keeping the MTS chassis since the Synergy will work with them, but if I kept everything I'd have no room left!!
  • Hmmm. You're talking over £2.5k for a two-channel amp (with, at best, a mismatched power section), or £1400 for just a two channel rack preamp. That's...expensive, to say the least.
    Isn't that broadly in line with the manufacturers involved though pricewise?
    In which case, why wouldn't you buy the amps you actually want and have them sound the way they're supposed to instead of a one-size-fits-all power section?
    <space for hire>
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    edited September 2017
    Hmmm. You're talking over £2.5k for a two-channel amp (with, at best, a mismatched power section), or £1400 for just a two channel rack preamp. That's...expensive, to say the least.
    In which case, why wouldn't you buy the amps you actually want and have them sound the way they're supposed to instead of a one-size-fits-all power section?
    Because the combinations aren't available if you want channels from the different amps.

I can't think of an amp that does Vox AC and modded Marshall in the same amp for example.

Also price is still a factor - a BE100 is £3k new, there's an SLO with some mods at Sounds Great for over £4k, Diezels aren't cheap either. 

It is possibly 5 years too late as a concept given where digital is at now, but it's still cool. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That's fair on the combinations thing. However...for that sort of money, I'd expect a three-channel option.

With that said...for £2.5k, you could get one of the custom builders (eg MJW, perhaps?) to make you an amp that sounds exactly the way you want it on each channel with the option of tweaking it a bit once it's complete.
    <space for hire>
  • That's fair on the combinations thing. However...for that sort of money, I'd expect a three-channel option.

With that said...for £2.5k, you could get one of the custom builders (eg MJW, perhaps?) to make you an amp that sounds exactly the way you want it on each channel with the option of tweaking it a bit once it's complete.
    You can - the HBE model has two channels (shared EQ, but separate volume and gain)

The VH4 model has two channels with separate EQ

http://synergyamps.com/index.php/syn-modules/diezel-vh4-module

You could get an amp built - just like someone could get a Feline or a Gibson. There's a market for both.
  • It looks like most if not all are two channels per module, some have shared EQ some are separate.

So a two module amp is basically going to be a 4 channel amp
  • Fair enough, I'd missed that. I'm willing to admit that it's not quite as silly as I first thought ;)
    <space for hire>
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    edited September 2017
    To be honest I only re-read it because you were complaining about the price and I was trying to find a way to justify it lol. I didn't actually realise they were multi channel myself until a few minutes ago.

• Yeah...I guess I'm looking at it from the perspective of a total Helix convert because I can get all of the sounds I want out of it. If I'd seen this a year ago, I'd have thought "Yeah, that's cool...still can't afford it, though".
    <space for hire>