G&L Classic Bluesboy Tribute

Has anyone got one of these or played one and if so what did you think?
Thanks in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have the Semi Hollow version and I like it. At least I do since I adjusted the height of the pickups, in particular the neck HB. Another plus is that it is very light, but it is a S/H. I find the neck size / shape nice but I do have small hands. Nicely finished and so great value for the price.

The one issue that I have that stops it being the guitar I grab is the gloss neck finish. I have two other guitars with satin necks and just find them so much more pleasant to use.

You may have seen it but there is a decent review by Samuel C Lees on youtube  but he does have links to G&L.

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    edited September 2017
    I also have the semi-hollow. Like @TADodger I had an issue with the pickup heights, and a loose jack both of which were sorted easily enough with a few minutes screwdriver work. However, IMHO these should have been sorted by the factory.  The pickup heights were such that the neck unit was much, much louder than the bridge item, and that on both pickups the bass strings were much louder than the treble ones.

Now sorted, the guitar really does sound very good indeed, plus the build quality is excellent.

The sounds are all good - the neck HB is surprisingly warm and articulate, with a hint of P90 about it. The bridge SC  does lack some of that Tele 'thump' though, which I suspect is down to the semi-hollow construction - a friend's G&L Classic solid body has the Tele 'thump' in spades.

@TADodger mentioned the gloss neck finish. I notice that some G&L Tribute Bluesboys have tinted gloss necks and that others have satin. It all depends on which colour body you go for.

Would I buy another G&L? Yes, no question.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it