SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

W.T.B. Kenton Midi USB Host

What's Hot
I'm looking for one to run my Zoom MS70CDR if anyone has one they want to offload.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hi mate, I use this with a zoom. Works perfect
  • Was looking exactly for this kind of thing actually - I see there are two USB ports - I take it that's just for compatibility?
  • One is for power I think
  • One is for power in. The other one is USB in/out which carries midi data. I use one for my backup board with a Zoom G3 and a Tech 21 Midi Moose. 
  • Oh I see - stupidly I figured it would get power over the same connection the midi data was running on, but that makes alot of sense. 

Now I just need to figure out which synth I want to power with it :)
  • @mattismetal Hey matt, just thinking about buying the box you recommended off Hobbytronics - can you explain your setup and how you use it with a Zoom? Which Zoom are you using it with?
  • I use a decibel eleven switch Dr which uses program changes to change patch on the zoom. The midi cable from the switch Dr goes into the midi host. The midi host plugs into the usb of the ms-50g. The host itself needs a usb power supply but it's really small and easily fits under a pedal train style board. You can only change whole patches, so you can't turn individual effects off/on with control changes. You can turn on the tuner with cc 43 I think.

I use the midi out from the midi host to then control a line 6 M5.

It sounds more complicated than it is really!
  • I've done something similar with my Zoom G3 , a Kenton MIDI-USB  and a MIDI switcher. This is for gigs where I'm drastically  limited for floor space and can't take my full pedalboard or if my amp goes off and I need to  go direct to PA.

• I use a decibel eleven switch Dr which uses program changes to change patch on the zoom. The midi cable from the switch Dr goes into the midi host. The midi host plugs into the usb of the ms-50g. The host itself needs a usb power supply but it's really small and easily fits under a pedal train style board. You can only change whole patches, so you can't turn individual effects off/on with control changes. You can turn on the tuner with cc 43 I think.

I use the midi out from the midi host to then control a line 6 M5.

It sounds more complicated than it is really!
    Okay, sounds simple enough. How do you set the MIDI channel of the Zoom?
  • I think the switch dr is set to omni (all channels). Not sure which channel the zoom uses