"Show Price" at this weekends Guitar Show?

What's Hot
not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
Not been before, but I assume places sell gear at the Guitar Show (that's the point isn't it?)

I was going to order a TC Ditto x2 this week, but I'm going to the show at the weekend, so should I hold off and wait to see what prices are like there?

What have prices been like at previous shows?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I suspect not that much lower than internet price, but you'll save postage and have the fun of actually handing over the cash and reviewing something in person straight away, like the old days.

Gone are the days of massive show reductions, I remember half price G- systems at music live when they can out and great deals on all sorts of things. You'll probably get good deals from the independents though.
  • They do have show prices ( big stands are Fair Deal and other retailers) but just take them with a pinch of salt ( ie do a quick comparison on your phone before buying). What they tend to have is a shed load of one or two things they sell off quite cheaply. Maybe a practice amp going for half the normal street price; so bargain prices may not be on what you are looking for.
    They should also have stuff that is less familiar, probably the bigger point than seeing it as an ordinary shopping trip. The small makers/ distributors seem to take these shows as am opportunity to make sales, so expect more off a Twinstomp than off a tc.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Cheers guys, I've got a few quid in loyalty points with Andertons so may as well just order there.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Cheers guys, I've got a few quid in loyalty points with Andertons so may as well just order there.
    I don't believe you have "loyalty points" from GAS. No way. Not you.
    :-?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_l said:
    Cheers guys, I've got a few quid in loyalty points with Andertons so may as well just order there.

I should get shares in Velcro as well ;-)
  • mike_l said:

Been doing your Full Monty routine again?
    :-&

As the show is only this weekend I guess you could hang on to see if there are any X2's going at bargain prices. IIRC there is a tc stand as well as the dealers. The X2 is a new, desirable product so I doubt very, very much you would pick up a bargain but I guess it is possible.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • The X2 is a new, desirable product so I doubt very, very much you would pick up a bargain but I guess it is possible.
    I doubt it as well, so I've just orderd one :-) I spent some time last night re-arranging my big board with the idea of including a Ditto x2 and I really want to get it finished!
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    mike_l said:

I'll sell mine cheap to you.........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    edited February 2014
    Just to add to the GAS, the wife has just bought me a Ditto x2... (Without prompting or hints !?!?!?)

'kin mind blowingly simple pedal. The Jam Tracks thingy is really interesting...

• Just to add to the GAS, the wife has just bought me a Ditto x2... (Without prompting or hints !?!?!?)

'kin mind blowingly simple pedal. The Jam Tracks thingy is really interesting...

I've got the original Ditto @Wazmeister, i'll be keeping that on my small board, I only really use that for sound checks with the band, the x2 is going on my bigger "home noodling" board after my new Big Sky for some ambient/soundscape stuff. Can't wait!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9533
    edited February 2014
    Good stuff mate. I actually would have kept mine IF i'd known waht she was up too.. The ditto and dittox2 would work great together !

The ability to load sounds INTO the Dittox2 is unique. Others have tried it, but it can be a ball ache. Drag n drop with the TC.... May be there the weekend yet myself...