Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I just bought a new caravan.

What's Hot
And it cost as much as the first house I bought in 1992. 

What expensive pointless shit that you don't want does the wife and/or kids make you buy ? 

3reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Holidays
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Could be worse I guess. At least they are not holidays in a caravan...
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• What expensive pointless shit that you don't want does the wife and/or kids make you buy ? 

The strongest alcohol I can find

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • What make caravan? 

We we have an old motorhome ( ooh, must pay the £245 road tax ...the costs never end)so I have passing familiarity with caravans. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Ah, caravans!
    There's nothing like taking in the majestic landscapes and eating where you shit.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's a swift 6TD. 

In truth the main reason ive gone along with upgrading is that, unlike the last one, at least this new one has a bathroom large enough that when I've completed my daily constitutional  I can actually keep my arse inside the provided facility whilst I clean it afterwards....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• What make caravan? 

We we have an old motorhome ( ooh, must pay the £245 road tax ...the costs never end)so I have passing familiarity with caravans. 
    My old man went batshit motor home crazy over the last few years. They just sold up though. Bought for £75k 2.5 years ago and sold for £36k I think.  

Tragic. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• What make caravan? 

My old man went batshit motor home crazy over the last few years. They just sold up though. Bought for £75k 2.5 years ago and sold for £36k I think.  

Tragic.
    Somebody got a bargain. They tend to hold their value surprisingly well so your dad was unlucky.

It's a swift 6TD. 

In truth the main reason ive gone along with upgrading is that, unlike the last one, at least this new one has a bathroom large enough that when I've completed my daily constitutional  I can actually keep my arse inside the provided facility whilst I clean it afterwards....
    Our bathroom bit is tiny and we use it as little as possible.

You see a lot of Swifts - caravans and motorhomes. I think they are British? Nice big one that. 

On the How It's Made programme on Discovery (? I think) they have an episode building a caravan which is quite interesting. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I’m fancying the whole idea of a caravan, a motorhome or narrow boat and just fucking off....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • A decade ago  I was a bit bored so I bought a 4wd camper, caught the car ferry to Iceland from Shetland and spent a few months there mooching around  

Food was bloody terrible but it certainly helped cleared my head a bit @richardhomer
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A decade ago  I was a bit bored so I bought a 4wd camper, caught the car ferry to Iceland from Shetland and spent a few months there mooching around  

Food was bloody terrible but it certainly helped cleared my head a bit @richardhomer
    That wasn’t quite what I wanted to hear - I was hoping that you’d ‘found yourself’ and that it was the most spiritually awakening experience you’d ever had.

Perhaps you could lie to me next time?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I could try and flower it up if you want, make it a sound a bit more Hollywood? But you shouldn't believe in fairytales
  • I could try and flower it up if you want, make it a sound a bit more Hollywood? But you shouldn't believe in fairytales
    I’d quite like to believe this one. I’d be grateful if you kept your depressing reality to yourself.... :)
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28172
    I’m fancying the whole idea of a caravan, a motorhome or narrow boat and just fucking off....
    Leaving the caravan behind, right?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12313
    Myself and Mrs B are thinking of living on a narrowboat once the house is paid for. Anybody doing it or done it?
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    I lived on a houseboat for a few years.
    The winters were vicious, otherwise I loved it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Myself and Mrs B are thinking of living on a narrowboat once the house is paid for. Anybody doing it or done it?
    Or you could just live in the house..?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• rlwrlw Frets: 4696
    Why do they always give caravans daft names?  When was the last time a caravan was swift?
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    rlw said:
    Why do they always give caravans daft names?  When was the last time a caravan was swift?
    Image result for caravan racing