NU-RNOSGCD (New Uber-Rare New Old Stock Guitar Case Day) x 2

What's Hot

Even for me, an unbelieveable find...not one, but 2...

Brand new, unused, 31 years old.

First person to guess correctly gets a Wiz.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    SynthAxe.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Uzi 9mm
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • How many bleedin' Synthaxes have you got, then?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Schnozz gets the Wiz. :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

edited September 2017
  • Wow. Where did you find those ?
    Do you have a synthax? I'd love to have a go in one. They cost so much when they 1st came out that Holdsworth sold his flat in London to buy one!
  • Let's hope that Mister Seven did not pay as much as this. :)
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14244
    tFB Trader
    only just got back but would have gone with the Synth Axe as a guess - I recall that N Marten of Guitarist Editor fame worked with them on demo's customer relation or something - Sure that is true - update if you know more/better/different
  • only just got back but would have gone with the Synth Axe as a guess - I recall that N Marten of Guitarist Editor fame worked with them on demo's customer relation or something - Sure that is true - update if you know more/better/different

Voila! :)

Lee Ritenour's 'Earth Run' is a great Album for SynthAxe too
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Wow. Where did you find those ?

Do you have a synthax? I'd love to have a go in one.

Purchased from an ex-employee, who had them stashed in his garage for years! :)

And yes, I do have one.

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6146
    tFB Trader
    Was it commercially successful? It looks absolutely awful. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • ThorpyFX said:
    Was it commercially successful? It looks absolutely awful. 

Well, to place it in context, state-of-the-art guitar synthesiser controllers (within roughly the same timeframe) looked like this:

And no, the SynthAxe wasn't a commercial success (bit too much of an eye-watering rock-star price tag @ £10K a pop, without any external MIDI sound modules*, for a start), despite some high-profile patronage (primarily Allan Holdsworth) - who - or so I'm told (by someone who worked for the company) - practically had a team of scientists on the road with him, keeping them up and running.

*The SynthAxe was a MIDI controller only - it output MIDI data, not audio (unlike the Stepp DG-1).

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14244
    tFB Trader

I could never get my head through that guitar strap - why it was never made adjustable I don't know !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    It shows lazy design standards. With a bit more work and a lot of determination they could've made it even uglier and less practical.
  • Worn on a strap, the Roland G-707 is actually very comfortable. The neck profile is excellent. For me, the only "less practical" aspects are the feel of the vibrato and having the secondary control knobs bunched up very close together. 

All of this counts for little because the synthesizer triggering lag on the low E string was about half a week.