NAD: HT5 Metal

bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
edited September 2017 in Amps
The amp is great.. they really are.. the separation of volume controls are a bonus for matching channels.. the clean channel doesn't suffer from only having a single tone knob. The ISF is interesting and can certainly create a nice blend to bring the best out of the eq stack. Reverb is fair.. subtle is best, I like to know its there, but not hear it. The gain channel can certainly thrash/djent if needed from chung to outright brash if thats your think, the amp certainly isn't over dark. I tend to set the clean channel up to the loudest required then bringing the gain channel to match.
Overall its loud enough for my needs, I am pushing this through a 2x12 with celestion g12t-75s. Will try it with the band soon enough, but as a band we always mic up with monitors so am not overly concerned if I cant hear the backline (but I fully expect I will be able to). I could also try the emulated out too...

Not owning a valve since I sold my Tiny Terror, I felt I wanted to jump back, I like fx, so an amp would require an FX loop too, but did not want to repeat the whole pedal/tap dancing thing I experimented with last year. I have a Pod HD500x and wanted to dabble with the 4CM approach.

I didn't want the limitation of a single channel amp in case I just fall back to clean and dirty form the amp; that lead me on to the realisation that a two channel amp would require a dedicated footswitch, thus slight tap dancing between fx patch changes and channel switching... unless it was midi-enabled.

Then along came the idea of a midi-switcher box... RJM, Voodo Labs.. or the cheaper NUX PMS 2.

Courtesy of @professorben , I got NUX PMS 2.. .. linked up the HD500X to the NUX via midi, then the NUX to the amp footswitch jack with an Insert lead.... voila.. Program change signals sent via midi now switch the amp channel whenever necessary. Awesome.

TL;DR;

HT5 Metal...... great sounding amp, flexible enough for home and gigs... good fx loop and can be channel switched via MIDI with a NUX PMS2.

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Now go make music that tears the very fabric of time and space my boy!!!!
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633

Always nice to hear from a satisfied customer!

G12T-75, Isn't that on ICBM's 'hate list'? Heh! If you did need a bit more poke maybe move up to 100dB speakers? The G12 t is only 97dB/W/mtr.

Dave.

• ecc83 said:

Always nice to hear from a satisfied customer!

G12T-75, Isn't that on ICBM's 'hate list'? Heh! If you did need a bit more poke maybe move up to 100dB speakers? The G12 t is only 97dB/W/mtr.

Dave.

I'm sure I recall ICBM referring to them as a good mid-range purpose speaker?? Regardless, the internet is full of opinion, but I like to form my own.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    I quite like G12's, i find they work well for me for metal tones, compared to a V30 i don't get any annoying fuzz from the mids and the top end feels a bit tighter. I find they can be a bit ice picky with the highs but i can dial that out. 

If i need more mids (and i don't scoop them) i can add them in.
  • UPDATE: also works with a mono jack lead for my requirement..
    My trading feedback