Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

If anyone thinks *their* family's dysfunctional (Zappa content)...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• The sad bit for any music fan is that the ZFT is controlled by the family members with zero musical talent between the pair of them.

Dweezil is not Frank. He is his own artiste. It seems to me that he has made sincere efforts to keep his father's music available, live on stage.

Obviously, there are ways to ensure that all interested parties get a cut of the proceeds. Some of the parties appear to be disproportionately greedier than others, accepting monies off the back of the work of others, work that they could not possibly do themselves.

If Dweezil is subject to some injunction that forbids him to appear under his present legal name, perhaps, he could revert to the names that he was given at birth? 

Frank was quoted once as saying that no matter what names he called his kids it was always going to be the last name that got them into trouble. I doubt he envisaged the trouble would be of their own making.

Whole affair is pretty sad.

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jarndyce vs Jarndyce.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12316
    Cazy. Dweezil has worked his fucking nuts of to learn Franks music and has done it with 100% integrity, what a fucking world we live in
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Shame. I thought his sister looked canny in the Mighty Boosh
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Cazy. Dweezil has worked his fucking nuts of to learn Franks music and has done it with 100% integrity, what a fucking world we live in
    Quite ZPZ are one of the best live bands I've seen and Dweezil is an exceptional player. I see Adrian Belew has dropped out. Suspect others will as well. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    This is mental..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Sassafras said:
    Not exactly the Waltons.
    Depressing reading.
    I wonder what he did to his siblings when they were all kids?
    Probably called them Peter & Jane.

On a serious note, very sad indeed to see such a fractious family and the music taking a back seat.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    "I'm thrilled that Frank Zappa will finally be going back out on tour playing his most well-known music as well as some rare and unheard material," Ahmet said. 

He's not. It's a hologram you psychopath.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    Danji said:
    randella said:
    Sassafras said:
    Not exactly the Waltons.
    Depressing reading.
    I wonder what he did to his siblings when they were all kids?
     @Sassafras - God alone knows.  As far as I can tell, they all used to be tight.  If you haven't already, give the 'Shampoohorn' record a listen - it's Dweezil ripping it up on the guitar and Ahmet at the mic.  The track 'Loser' is one of my favourite songs.
    I love confessions, have you heard that one?  Nuno produced and added backing vocals and guitar. Top album
    @Danji - not for a long time.  Got it on my headphones right now though :)
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    edited September 2017
    DefaultM said:
    "I'm thrilled that Frank Zappa will finally be going back out on tour playing his most well-known music as well as some rare and unheard material," Ahmet said. 

He's not. It's a hologram you psychopath.
    For the couple of years or so I've been dipping into this saga, I've wondered two things (among the rest):

1) What happened to the burned Hendrix strat?  You'd literally have to prise that thing from my cold, dead hands - there was a rumour that the ZFT had reclaimed it.

2) What the hell would Frank make of all this?
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6060
    What the hell would Frank make of all this?

Something scatalogical with 17 part harmony?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom