Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

House Spiders

What's Hot

Comments

• RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Something that helps with fear of them is to catch them in a glass instead of killing them. Everytime you do it watch them in the glass for a few minutes 

Spiders are absolutely beautiful creatures up close (even if they do make your skin feel spontaneously itchy.)

And yes, they really do keep flies and other stuff under control.

Hug a spider today! :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Ravenous said:

Something that helps with fear of them is to catch them in a glass instead of killing them. Everytime you do it watch them in the glass for a few minutes 

Spiders are absolutely beautiful creatures up close (even if they do make your skin feel spontaneously itchy.)

And yes, they really do keep flies and other stuff under control.

Hug a spider today! :)

filth

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72323
    I like them, but even given that I can't help having an involuntary flinch reaction if I come across a fairly big one unexpectedly. I can pick them up in my hands up to a certain size, probably about an inch across (including legs) but beyond that I would find it difficult - there's something in our subconscious that makes us afraid of them, I think. I even had to 'deliberately think rationally' to pick up quite a big dead one I found in the back of an amp the other day - my instinct was to not want to touch it.

I never kill them - always catch them with half an old perspex Seymour Duncan pickup box and a postcard that's kept handy, and chuck them out of the front window into the bushes where it's quite sheltered. I know full well they'll be back soon enough - it's actually quite easy to recognise some of the big ones :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Euuughh I hate spiders!!!
  • even though i'm not keen on them, they're better than having flies in the house imho
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    I never kill them - always catch them with half an old perspex Seymour Duncan pickup box

Wis awarded for finding a way to combine spiders and guitars.

(Bowie tune just popped into my head for some reason.)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Come to mention it I think "House Spiders" would be a great name for a low-budget Bowie/Spiders tribute band.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835

I tend to treat spiders a bit like women.

I quite like having them around, but the big hairy ones can fuck off.

15reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    WD40 in strategic places also deters them. 
    Or a direct hit of the stuff REALLY deters them.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    57Deluxe said:
    Spiders love the bath cos they feel the world around them by vibration and the bath is a big antenna dish - - BUT how do they get in there?? There was no sign of this fcucker just a few mins before he appeared!

http://i68.tinypic.com/21l7q0l.jpg
    They dont love the bath, they just cant get out once they get in.

It probably came in through the vent on the wall. In a lot of houses, this is directly above the bath ;)

That's the world's biggest money spider.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1473
    Yep, they can fuck right off. I don't mind the littler ones, but still have to remove them because my wife is petrified of them. 

The big fuck off tarantula-like Huntsmen that seem to be appearing every week can fuck right off. Fucking cunts. 
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962

Hooters was lyin' in bed the other night when all of a sudden a screeeeeeem came from the room as though some monster had thrown a freshly severed head onto her lap........I honest tae God immediately thought that her life was somehow in peril

I rushed into the room fully expecting a fight tae the death with some unknown demon, or worse, two hoodies , when she pointed at the bottom of the bed and screeeeeemed once more,even louder, "A HUNTSMAN"

In my head I visualised bludgeoning her tae death and that somehow brought me back tae normal(ish)

tae be or not tae be
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I love spiders, funny little things. I don't understand why anybody thousands times the size of them are scared and want to kill them.
    My V key is broken
  • You fucking big pansies!

Nothing wrong with spiders, and the only thing reason they leave my gaff is because the wife hats them. Now dentists, they're really scary. Poncing around with their PRS's, fucking frightening, I tell you.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    I spray a mix of water and a few essential oils around all doors and windows, inside and out.  It's a few drops of citronella, peppermint and eucalyptus.   

Like the conkers, it's a smell that puts them off
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1473
    WezV said:
    I spray a mix of water and a few essential oils around all doors and windows, inside and out.  It's a few drops of citronella, peppermint and eucalyptus.   

Like the conkers, it's a smell that puts them off
    we do this, but doesn't seem to help. Probably have to be a bit more vigilant with it. 
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 585

They catch flies :) seriously, keep a couple of decent spiders in your bedroom and you'll avoid getting stung plenty. They also help protect books and antiques from other things that like to gobble them up. 
    This IMO :)  I've got no problem with spiders really, they do goodly things.  Moths and Crane flys can do one though, directionless pointless bastards!

Nothing wrong with spiders, and the only thing reason they leave my gaff is because the wife hats them. Now dentists, they're really scary. Poncing around with their PRS's, fucking frightening, I tell you.
    I heard they can take a man's teeth out! :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72323
    Bezzer said:

Moths and Crane flys can do one though, directionless pointless bastards!
    Big moths are beautiful things - I always catch those and let them outside as well. I'm not so keen on the little ones that eat your clothes… I will admit to killing those if they can't easily be caught.

Crane flies are easy to catch - wait till they land, then quickly gently pinch a wing between your fingers… unlike the legs, they don't fall off as an escape mechanism. Then evict from the house!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    Spiders over here are okay. They don't try and kill you and they don't tap dance in poo like flies do then spread it all over your house.