Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Star Trek Discovery

What's Hot

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    I like that the good Vulcan had a goatee.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kurokuro Frets: 26
    stickyfiddle said:
    Did they *eat* mirror-Saru?? :(

That's what I thought too. Oh dear.

• Totally saw that coming. Loved it anyway. 

Did they *eat* mirror-Saru?? :( 

They ate a Kelpian. I'm fairly sure it wasn't mirror-Saru. I thought he was still on the Shenzhou. He wasn't on the shuttle with Burnham and Lorca.

Didn't see the Lorca twist coming, but it'll be fun to re-watch later to see how close they came to giving it away. I wonder if proper-Lorca is out there somewhere. Maybe next week we'll get a nice long monologue spelling it all out for us like we did this week with Voq/Tyler.

I'm not a massive fan of the scenery-chewing super-evil moustache-twirling mirror universe thing, but it's clear now why they've spent so much time on it.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• I thought it'd be interesting getting back to the Discovery.

"Yes Saru, I've met a kelpian.  And he was tasty.  And your captain was an evil guy from this universe.  Anyhow, let's get home!"
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Just finished this, and loved it. I am not a massive Star Trek fan, but I really enjoyed this series. I think I got to the end of S2 of TNG about ten years ago (watching on my PSP on my commute,  so that dates it), but this makes me want to go back. 

Hell, maybe the other Star Trek series's are not bad either. Might even look at DS9 after :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited December 2018
    Series two trailer ... look who's back ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers @Fretwired, I was going to post that too. It looks good. I can honestly say, I have never looked forward to a Star Trek release this much!
  • I’m looking forward to it because I like any high quality sci-fi but I’m not remotely impressed with Hipster Gap-Year Spock
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2608
    tFB Trader
    quarky said:

Hell, maybe the other Star Trek series's are not bad either. Might even look at DS9 after  
    DS9 is good.. But takes some time to really get going.. For me it only got really good when Worf joins and they go to war with the dominion...

I really like Voyager too.. Again, it gets much better a couple of seasons in when 7 of 9 joins.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Rabs said:
    quarky said:

Hell, maybe the other Star Trek series's are not bad either. Might even look at DS9 after  
    DS9 is good.. But takes some time to really get going.. For me it only got really good when Worf joins and they go to war with the dominion...

I really like Voyager too.. Again, it gets much better a couple of seasons in when 7 of 9 joins.
    DS9 gets good with the last two episodes of season 5 and then seasons 6 & 7.  That's basically the Dominion war arc.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3452
    I watched it , couldn't watch it twice, its just so fucking stupid, and it tricks you into thinking it isnt. 
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    robgilmo said:
    I watched it , couldn't watch it twice, its just so fucking stupid, and it tricks you into thinking it isnt. 
    I can understand why traditional Trekkies (Trekies?) might not like it. Remakes which are different to the original, are always divisive by nature. But as someone who isn't a traditionally much of a ST fan though, I love it!

It seems much more like BSG than TNG, and BSG is one of my all time favourites. 
    edited December 2018
    Im not a traditional Trekkie, Im not a fan at all, its much too glossy for me, this however was probably the best Star Trek I have watched, I did actually enjoy it, but it wasn't quite as serious as it could have been, I binge watched it in 3 days. Im trying hard not to spoil it,  so I wont.
    BSG on the other hand was excellent, it did drag on and could have been compressed, David Iche should have stayed away from it as his contribution to it was obvious and did it no favours, but it has to be one of the best Sci Fi shows out there. Falling Skies is another that springs to mind, but it did get silly and the ending was a little shallow and hurried.

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    BSG is probably Mrs.L's and my favourite show. We both got a little obsessive over it when we started dating, so it has the noatalnos thing for us too.. we watched it again after we got married and still loved it though :)

Didn't care for falling skies.. got very bored very quickly. 
    Falling skies dragged on and some silly stuff was introduced into the story line, but I thought the story/concept was very good, had it have been shorter with less nonsense it would have been a lot better.
    And we all know what the skitters are really! Especially after a feed of beer and a curry. "Oh no, here they come, the skitters" Kind of spoiled it a little.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26993
    I've really enjoyed the first 2 episodes of this season. Loving the new-old Pike, and the slightly-increased Trek-ness of it, but keeping the modern-looking and feeling stuff from the first season.  
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11875
    I think it’s brilliant, well modernised for the new generation with a very good budget and also decent stories within.  I look forward to it every week.
  • I have wondered if they might remake the original series stories using todays production values to ensure a level of consistency with the newer technology thats being used.

• WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    I watched Ep2 S2 this very morning and it's everything I expected. Great characters, strong links to the original. What's not to like!