Switch or PS4?

What's Hot
I can't decide whether or not to get a Nintendo Switch or a PS4. I've wanted a Switch since they arrived on the scene, but Gran Turismo Sport is due out soon and it looks gorgeous! Of course, there are other games that interest me too, like Tekken and God of War. I can only afford (justify) one right now. What should I go for?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Depends where you're more likely to play, and what type of games you enjoy most. From what you've said already, a PS4 makes sense.
  • Sounds like you'd want the PS4.  Nothing on Switch comes close to Tekken or God of War.  Closest to Gran Turismo will be Gear.Club when it's released, but that's about it.  
  • Switch seems like a nice 2nd console.
    Get PS.
    (Or XB1 and Forza).
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7326
    Get a mega drive with streets of rage and lion king.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I literally haven't used my PS4 since getting a Switch, but I'm a big fan of Nintendo's games.

If you want to play Zelda, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Mario/Rabbids, Street Fighter 2 and a bunch of excellent indie stuff, then the Switch is great. 

If you want to play Gran Turismo and Tekken then by definition you need a PS4.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    If you wanted the best driving game available you would get an Xbox and Forza.

You can still get Tekken on that aswell.

Then get a Wii U as you can get all the Switch games bar Mario Odyssey for half the price.

Then get a Switch down the line when it's cheaper and you have more cash.
  • DanR said:

Then get a Wii U as you can get all the Switch games bar Mario Odyssey for half the price.

I seriously wouldn't bother with a Wii U at this point. It's not portable, and the onlines (MK and Splatoon) are all but dead, whereas the Switch versions will continue to grow. Also Mario Odyssey is going to be amazing.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    DanR said:

I seriously wouldn't bother with a Wii U at this point. It's not portable, and the onlines (MK and Splatoon) are all but dead, whereas the Switch versions will continue to grow. Also Mario Odyssey is going to be amazing.
    Whilst i agree the Switch is better I'm assuming he's not looking at portability as PS4 isn't and Wii U games are cheap especially bundles one eBay that he could still sell on down the line when switch is cheaper.

It also has a good back catagloue of games at silly prices.
  • PS4 + Battlefield 1 + Premium Pass. Thank me later
  • marcus449 said:
    PS4 + Battlefield 1 + Premium Pass. Thank me later
    BF4 still knocks BF1 for six
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Thanks chaps. It's decided. I'm going to order a PS4 pro when Game get more Horizon Dawn bundles in online.
  • marcus449 said:
    PS4 + Battlefield 1 + Premium Pass. Thank me later
    BF4 still knocks BF1 for six
    naaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    PS4 Pro