Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Idiot

What's Hot

Rapper B.o.B. raising funds to check if Earth is flat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-41399164
He obviously hasn't read @Emp_Fab's signature in full

At least he's trying to find evidence, although why the existing evidence is insufficient I don't know!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484

Well I'd send money to launch him into space.  Attention seeking moron.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2553
    edited September 2017
    He's basically raising funds for a free holiday trip around the world. Satellites my arse.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72322
    Maybe SirAxeMan would like to contribute…

:)

Anyway, you don't need to go into space to see that the world is a globe. All you need to do is to travel to near the equator and look at the rising or setting crescent Moon, and compare it to what you see from higher latitudes.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    This is one of the satellites he's trying to finance:

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Meanwhile in Wigan @siraxeman is getting excited....

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6750621_f520.jpg

12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7324
    "When/if you do make sure you let me know," one person who donated $20 wrote. "I've been trying to tell folks that there is no curve, therefore the Earth is not a globe".

Trying to tell? I wonder why they weren't listening or willing to accept what they said. 
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    "There is no curve" 
    Never heard anything so stupid.  It's a bloody big curve that at our scale is overwhelmed by local variations.
    Why do these people think like that?  if it were true, would everyone in the world be pretending otherwise? To what end?
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2927
    Gawd what a freeloader! Asking for money on the internet! He'll be asking for a guitar next!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2927
    To be fair, I'd love to help pay for a bunch of flat-earthers to go in search of the ice wall. Then document the reaction when they realise they're wrong.
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited September 2017
    You can't find any curvature when even in 3 miles it should be quite detectable. Every time you see something at long range that should be impossible to see you go " it's refraction" you can't be convinced when your mind  is already closed. Just keep watching NASA CGI and fish eye lens footage....
    14reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Was going to reply to @siraxeman then decided it wasn't worth it.  I'm sure everything was said in the other thread already, and he's just ignored it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    edited September 2017
    aord43 said:
    "There is no curve" 
    Never heard anything so stupid.  It's a bloody big curve that at our scale is overwhelmed by local variations.
    Why do these people think like that?  if it were true, would everyone in the world be pretending otherwise? To what end?
    I assume he's never flown - it's bleeding obvious from 30,000ft
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Jalapeno said:
    aord43 said:
    "There is no curve" 
    I assume he's never flown - it's bleeding obvious from 30,00ft
    How can you tell the earth is round from 30 ft?
    or is that thirty hundred feet?  :)
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    I'm pretty sure I can see curvature when I have a super-clear day and an uninterrupted horizon of at least 150 degrees.  Anyone know if that's just my imagination or whether it's technically possible?

Erm.. pi squared x two pies divided by the visible horizon minus the elevation....

Twelve.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • Never heard of him.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    Apparently, it's not possible at sea level for normal people to see, but I can. (Fx: noise from $6M Man).  However, in my brief investigations, I discovered that the world is in fact flat, as SirAxeminster claims and here is a photograph that proves quite categorically that the Hunagyan Spirit is, in fact, sinking.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxeman said:
    You can't find any curvature when even in 3 miles it should be quite detectable. Every time you see something at long range that should be impossible to see you go " it's refraction" you can't be convinced when your mind  is already closed. Just keep watching NASA CGI and fish eye lens footage....

Boring and a bit mental, 
    Boring and a bit mental, Boring and a bit mental Boring and a bit mental Boring and a bit mental Boring and a bit mental Boring and a bit mental Boring and a bit mental Boring and a bit mental Boring and a bit mental Boring and a bit mental Boring and a bit mental Boring and a bit mental Boring and a bit mental....... That's how I now see your posts :/
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22794
    Rather than trying to send satellites into space to prove the Earth isn't round, why doesn't this B.o.B. chap try to find some positive evidence that the Earth is flat?

Go fly over the great Ice Wall, B.o.B., or get us some pictures of the edge of the world.  Go on.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    edited September 2017
    So then Mr B.o.B, how do you expect these satellites to orbit something that is, as you say, flat?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    It's pretty funny when his most famous song is about shooting stars
    My V key is broken
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom