TC G-Force - opinions?

CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
They came out in 1999, but have they been toppled from their pre-eminence by the Axe-Fx, and other modellers?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The reason I'm asking is that there is a price crash on one of them.  Might be worth getting one for half price(if I can save up enough before it goes).
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    They seem to be used be plenty of pro people. I've used a g-major before (and still have one now) and the effects in that are excellent, so I assume the G-Force is better..
  • Thank you.  I'm not sure which  came first, but I think the G-Force is the nearest thing to the G-Systems effects in a rack box.  The price is sweet, but most people on TGP seem to be comparing them to the Axe FX, which isn't the same thing, to my mind.
  • I had one. Crap. The A/D converter kept failing.
    Mine went back 5 times for repair before I gave up and sold it.
    I bought a G Major and have had 5 trouble free years.
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    IIRC I believe the effects in the G-Major are the same as the G-Force. The difference is in the interface / functionality of the unit.
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    I did have my G-Major up for sale, but decided to keep it now. I've got it integrated nicely with my amps channel switching which is a godsend.

• CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    edited March 2014
    I don't really need super duper channel switching - as my mesa only has TR jacks for channel and boost, so any relaying system should do.

I want it for "proper" multi tap delays, and otherwise general all-round "get every effect ever" kinds of things.

Edit: they are all now being offered at 50% off.  Sign of imminent TC discontinuance would be my guess.  Consistent with rumours about the G-System last year, and its almost total replacement by Toneprint pedals.
  • xwolf5150xwolf5150 Frets: 180
    Is there a replacement for the GForce coming ??
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    No idea.  People are saying it's been abandoned due to lack of updates, and the price has dropped from £1000 to £800 -ish or £1000 with the Nova drive.  Also the G-Force has just halved in price. 

Not sure if it's just due to selling less in the recession, or if it's going to be discontinued.  Massive shame if so.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    they need to bring back an updated version of the 2290
    i have had a g force since 98 - great unit - tend to use it in kill dry mode in a wet/dry set up
    Very good unit (no problems with mine) and very little has been surpassed but it may be due for a replacement.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!