Akai LPK 25 + Reaper Midi problem....

Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me here, as it's doing my head in.

I just got an Akai LPK 25, and having trouble setting it up in Reaper. 

I went into the Akai editor and selected up the "akai lpk". 

When I go into Reaper and look at midi devices, I enable the Akai LPK, but get an error message than it "cannot open the akai lpk midi input". I tried to right click on it in reaper and configure it, but no luck? Any ideas? I'm using Windows 7
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633
    Did you install the Akai driver software exactly as per the manual? Might be as well to uninstall (or "restore")  then start afresh.

I note with dismay that the controller is not equipped with a DIN MIDI "out"? This, IMHO, is a very unfortunate, growing trend. Interfaces are made (and not just cheap, sub 100 quid jobs!) sans MIDI ports and more and more keyboards only sport USB. 

The MIDI protocol and its attendant connection regime is, in my view, a very precious resource and one that should not be lost through "A hap'oth of tar! There are VERY FEW "World Standards" and even fewer Audio ones!

I have Reaper but rarely use it. I also have a usb keyboard (WITH DIN!) . If no one else here can help you, I will marry up the two and have a hack!

Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom