SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: iMac of some sort

What's Hot
moominman2moominman2 Frets: 9
edited October 2017 in Misc £
Hey guys,

First off, I'm in no rush for this. Ideally, I'd be looking to purchase this towards the end of November, but I'd like to see what's out there over the coming weeks. This could potentially egg someone on to upgrade their current imac?!

So basically, I'm looking for a decent imac with a minimum of the following specs if possible...

8GB RAM
1TB SSD hardrive  
Quadcore processor (would be ideal but I'd entertain dualcore )

Any software that may come with the imac- I'm looking to record with this, so pro tools, cubase, etc would be ideal.

I'd also be interested in any other programmes, word, photoshop etc.

In terms of price, I don't have a set figure.

ps...I wouldn't discount a MacBook if the specs were close to what I'm looking for.

Many thanks,
Luke

EDIT: If you have a really old machine, with none of the desired spec...I still may be interested if the price is right. It would still sort me out for a while, so do still try.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4918
    I thought this was going to be about hairy legs, but 8 gram-bits of memory isn't a lot!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh, we have a comedian folks.

The power of getting the lower and higher cases correct... ;)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    Any software that may come with the iMac - I'm looking to record with this, so pro tools, cubase etc would be ideal.
    I'd also be interested in any other programmes, word, photoshop etc.
    Legitimate copies of any of these software titles would require the license to be transferred. 

moominman2 said:
    I wouldn't discount a MacBook if the specs were close to what I'm looking for.
    Have you seen this tFB listing? Combine that computer with a keyboard, mouse and monitor and you should be good to go ... apart from the legitimate software. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Thanks for the response-

Yes, I am aware of the licence issue. So it will be up to me and the seller to discuss that. 

And yes I've seen that mac advertised, but it is not what I am after.

Cheers

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7142
    Budget?

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• moominman2moominman2 Frets: 9
    edited October 2017
    Around £500. That seems to be a solid price for a decent spec on the used market.

I7, quad core, 8GB ram and 1TB seems to be achievable with that...
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    How would a Mac Pro suit you? It’s one of the aluminium towers with a good chunk of memory and multiple hard drives. Now surplus, but all hard drives are wiped and a fresh OSX reinstall. Youll have to install your own apps. For word processing, I use LibreOffice which is opensource, and there are a good range of opensource apps to check out for recording etc.

I wouldn’t be asking a lot, but in good nick. Might swap for guitar gear.
  • Thanks for the response- could be interested mate. 

Could you pm me the specs, price etc? That'd be great.

Cheers,
    Luke
  • Bump
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 607
    Around £500. That seems to be a solid price for a decent spec on the used market.

I7, quad core, 8GB ram and 1TB seems to be achievable with that...
    Those specs on a PC yes achievable. On a Mac not sure if you are going to find that. A Mac mini with those specs will sell for more second hand. Hope you prove me wrong mate.
  • moominman2moominman2 Frets: 9
    edited October 2017
    I appreciate the comment- There have been several of a similar if not higher spec that have sold for around the £500 mark on eBay...so I'm pretty positive that I'll find one shortly.
  • 1TB SSD for that price?  Are you sure?  Maybe SSHD but I'd be genuinely gobsmacked if you found a machine with a TB worth of Solid State at even close to that.  Happy to be proved wrong (as I'd buy one!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm not out to prove anyone wrong, I just want a certain spec'd mac.

The figure I gave is a loose figure because someone asked for one, so thanks for the opinions but I didn't ask for them. 

Also, I asked for the specs above "if possible".

So please, if you have an iMac to sell, get in touch. If not, keep opinions away from here. 

Thanks.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom