Evanescence: Synthesis tour

What's Hot
beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
Just got myself a VIP ticket. Can't afford it but couldn't resist either. Anyone else going?
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    Just me, then?  :/
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    To be honest I haven't given them much thought since shortly after Ben Moody left - which is ironic since Fallen remains the last album I bought immediately on hearing one song on the radio. But I was seriously unimpressed by what followed... it just seemed like a revolving-door band of backing musicians for Amy.

Since they've been totally off my radar, what's the new stuff like?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    ICBM said:
    But I was seriously unimpressed by what followed...what's the new stuff like?
    Wait, you didn't like The Open Door? I thought that was a great follow up. As for their eponymous third album, although it's slightly different to the first two albums, I really enjoyed it. It's certainly worth a listen. Nothing will beat Fallen though.

The new album, Synthesis, is their old material reworked with a full orchestra. Should be good. Then they're going to do another rock album, which, hopefully, will also be good.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22999
    beed84 said:
    The new album, Synthesis, is their old material reworked with a full orchestra. Should be good.

I didn't even realise that's what it was, just pre-ordered it when I saw it was coming out.

I don't think anything they've done is as good as the first album, their stuff always seems a bit formularised but I like her voice and I like the sound they make.

• They were a question on Popmaster today. It was all a bit spinal tap 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    beed84 said:
    ICBM said:
    But I was seriously unimpressed by what followed...what's the new stuff like?
    Wait, you didn't like The Open Door? I thought that was a great follow up.
    No, I thought it was rubbish. Can't remember if I even listened to it all or not.

I didn't even think Anywhere But Home was any good. The band were terrible without Moody and Hodges, and on the evidence of it she can't sing live...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I prefer Evan's Essence