Ibanez RG550E opinions...

stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7142
edited February 2014 in Guitar
So I 've been offered one of these as a direct trade for my amp a Jet City 50H and couple of matching cabs (currently in the Classifieds).

I have no idea what they are worth and so thought I would ask 'The Fountain Of Knowledge/Bollocks'.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Not tried an E, but my RG 550 is a go to guitar.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7142
    edited February 2014
    mike_l said:
    Not tried an E, but my RG 550 is a go to guitar.
    I've two (sort of as one is half a JEM) RG550s already and think they are great. 

Just I know very little about the RG2550E model and so I'm not sure of their used value.

• I guess my question would be do you want 3 remarkably similar guitars in the stable?

If you didnt have the RGs already I would say take the guitar without hesitation but

Value with hardcase £650ish
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7142
    Cheers fella.

There are a few in the US used for around the £450 £480 mark and they haven't sold, so I think I personally would value it a bit less at the moment.

That and there is a JS1000 for £600 on this very forum at the moment.

Still not sure with Ibanez stuff, it seems to lose value really fast unless its a JEM.

• At the moment everything is down apart from MIJ offsets which are £100+ over what they have been historically.

Sorry I should have said retail.

I guess non shop prices would be £500 tops

And as you say there is a JS1000 @ £600 which is pretty mental.

Personally I would pass. I cant see it being better than the 550
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.