SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender Custom Shop '69 Relic Strat (burgundy) £1500

What's Hot
St_HubbinsSt_Hubbins Frets: 189
edited October 2017 in Guitars £
*£1500 delivered*

Hi All,

I just picked this beauty up as part of a trade deal, but I am having to bring funds in stat, so say farewell sweet strat - for an amazing price. It's a 2008 Custom Shop '69 relic Strat in metallic burgundy. It's in great condition, aside from a small ding on the underside of the neck. It comes with the original case and case candy. This colour is really something else, absolutely beautiful.

May consider part trade part cash, surprise me.

More pics here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/hdX7z
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    That's super cool and a great price! GLWS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
    Lovely, do you know what pick ups are in this?
  • Why thanks. I'm afraid I don't, but someone will...I'm sure they are top dollar!
  • kramereekrameree Frets: 101
    Was this on gumtree recently? I messaged the seller and he said it sold
  • Well spotted kramaree. I got it in a trade deal for my 1970 telecaster, but the plan was to sell the Tele that rather than to swap it as I need the funds! So someone is going to get a bargain! Have reduced price to £1500 to get this gone, and restore my bank balance to health. 
  • In interests of disclosure, this is the small ding on the underside of the neck. But on a relic strat it pales into insignificance!

• kramereekrameree Frets: 101
    Looks a cool guitar...the back of the neck doesn’t look like it is relic’d..and looks very glossy...have you checked it is all stamped in the right places? I have a NOS tele and the neck looks similar...
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    one cool looking strat
  • Relic that neck like it should be and you won't even notice that ding.  What is the radius and neck profile?
  • krameree said:
    Looks a cool guitar...the back of the neck doesn’t look like it is relic’d..and looks very glossy...have you checked it is all stamped in the right places? I have a NOS tele and the neck looks similar...
    I don't take guitars apart, I have enough trouble changing strings tbh. BUT...I looked at a brand new Custom Shop 69 relic strat online and the neck and headstock exactly look the same as this...seems a bit far fetched that someone would have created a frankenstein IMO.
  • Lovely strat.
    Drop the serial number to Fender customer services and they will send you the 'floor traveller' which gives detailed specs.

Best of luck
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • krameree said:
    I don't take guitars apart, I have enough trouble changing strings tbh. BUT...I looked at a brand new Custom Shop 69 relic strat online and the neck and headstock exactly look the same as this...seems a bit far fetched that someone would have created a frankenstein IMO.
    My CS 65 relic didn't have the back of the neck reliced. I think at that time only heavy relics had the neck rubbed down.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12363
    Very tempting. What sort of trades are you looking for? 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    Nick is a little lovely guy to deal with, and I adore that Strat mate ! GLWTS 
  • Nick is a little lovely guy to deal with, and I adore that Strat mate ! GLWTS 
    Bless u Warren!
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 325
    I also saw this on Gumtree, but was told it was in a trade deal already. I am seriously tempted by this particular Fender strat. 
  • Sold. Thanks all.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12363
    Sold. Thanks all.
    Not surprised  ;)