Stranger things new series on Netflix this Friday. Can't wait!

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
Me the wife and daughters were TOTALLY engrossed by the original series, so much so that Mrs A and older daughter watched the whole thing in one sitting. Along with Dirk Gently it has been my fave TV programme in decades.

I hope this one is as good!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I'm stoked.

The first series is one of my favourites ever! 

Only problem is, I'm at the theatre Friday night, then away first thing Saturday! I might have to stay offline 
  • Do we know if they're dropping the whole series at once or episodes weekly? 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• Hold on - is this series 2??
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26987
    edited October 2017
    YES! I'm guessing it's a whole-series release as that's how Netflix does things. I only watched S1 in the summer but it was brilliant. Though this comes out the same day as Mario Odyssey, which may cause internal conflict!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I'm nervous.

The first, to me, wasn't a series as such - it was more of a massive film split into bits. It's hard to explain what I mean by that, but it was entirely satisfying in a way most TV series' are not. 

I hope the second series is just as good, but I didn't really feel the need for it - it was a wonderful first watch and I've just rewatched it with ladyprettydamned over the last couple of weeks to refresh for series two, and it was equally as good.

That said, seeing the lads dressed as ghostbusters in the teaser got me *very* excited... 
  • YES! I'm guessing it's a whole-series release as that's how Netflix does things. I only watched S1 in the summer but it was brilliant. Though this comes out the same day as Mario Odyssey, which may cause internal conflict!

They didn't do a whole series release with Scream :(
  • Please let me know if it's all out at once... I'd love for Sheena to see this as she loved the first, but wont start it if it's week by week..
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    It's all released in one go.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    edited October 2017
    It’s all out as of Friday. My plan is, eyelids permitting, to get the kids off to sleep by about 8pm, then watch the whole series in one go. 

The Thriller trailer with the S U R V I V E remix is about the best thing ever. 
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 886
    I'm on it, can't wait.
  • Thanks @DanR !! :)
  • I've started watching the first series as the missus wants to watch the second one soon. I've watched two episodes and it's a bit slow and nothing really seems to have happened - can I assume that's just the usual slow start on these kinds of series and that it will get better?

Cool theme music though
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7860
    Best thing on Netflix, quickly followed by Rick and Morty, and Black Mirror. 
  • YES! I'm guessing it's a whole-series release as that's how Netflix does things.
    It seems to be more common, but some of the higher profile stuff gets the "new episode weekly" treatment. Or is it stuff that Netflix co-produce with other networks that they release weekly so as not to shaft the terrestrial partner? I haven't worked out the logic.

• I hope the second series is just as good, but I didn't really feel the need for it - it was a wonderful first watch and I've just rewatched it with ladyprettydamned over the last couple of weeks to refresh.
    You didn’t feel like maybe you'd have liked just a *few* of the loose ends tied up? I thought the ending was particularly clever in that it was satisfying as a conclusion to the story as a whole if the show didn't get renewed, but left plenty of interesting things unresolved for a later series(es).

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26987

I hope the second series is just as good, but I didn't really feel the need for it - it was a wonderful first watch and I've just rewatched it with ladyprettydamned over the last couple of weeks to refresh.
    You didn’t feel like maybe you'd have liked just a *few* of the loose ends tied up? I thought the ending was particularly clever in that it was satisfying as a conclusion to the story as a whole if the show didn't get renewed, but left plenty of interesting things unresolved for a later series(es).
    Apparently while writing they were considering making it an "anthology" show, where every season would be a different set of characters in a different location. But then everyone started making those kinda shows and they got a good idea for how to continue with these guys. I'm all for it - the whole cast is fantastic.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Apparently while writing they were considering making it an "anthology" show, where every season would be a different set of characters in a different location. But then everyone started making those kinda shows and they got a good idea for how to continue with these guys. I'm all for it - the whole cast is fantastic.
    They really are. I particularly appreciated how they managed to make "dick boyfriend" (don't remember the character's name, just the trope) likeable as the series progressed.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    I thought the release date for Season 2 was 27th October?

• I thought the release date for Season 2 was 27th October?
    Yep. Friday. Halloween. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    Can they please kill Wynona's character in this one?