Roberts guitar

BarneyBarney Frets: 616
There's a guitar came up for sale locally called a Roberts guitar model number RJ500 has anybody heard of these ..ot says it's made in Korea 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
    I had a couple of Roberts guitars about 10 years ago. One was a 335 copy and it was very well put together, probably on a par with a Korean Epiphone. Quite resonant with (I think) Artec PAF type humbuckers and a fairly thick poly finish. I kept it until an Epiphone Elite 335 came up then sold it for what I paid (around £200).

The second one was a superstrat type with HSH, 24 fret bound maple neck and a rosewood board. Body looked like ash of some sort in a natural finish. Had a 2 point non-locking trem with roller saddles and a roller nut. Pickups were definitely Artec. The pots and switches were a bit cheap tbh but it played well and sounded good. The trem was ace, you could treat it like a Floyd and it never went out of tune. Should've kept it and upgraded the electrics.
  • There is or was an Ebay shop called Roberts that sold generic gear with "Roberts" on it that may have included guitars and amps