Pedaltrain Nano plus with power - small pedalboard.

What's Hot
capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
i want a small pedal board fuzz drive delay or maybe fuzz drive drive delay reverb.
This board needs to be portable and stashed easily

Anyway small portable board was thinking Cioks DC5 for power as my DC10s will not fit 

Is this a good idea or a fad anything I am missing alternative board and power?

Any pics of your small boards? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have just built a Nano+ board, having returned two Diago Sprinters for being shoddy. I have a Pitchblack tuner, a new Russian Big Muff, a Bass Soul Food shaped gap to be filled next week, and a Mooer Pedal Power battery mounted on top. Plenty of room for all that, and the soft case is as sturdy as you'll ever get.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Check out the new pedaltrain spark. It should be hitting stores soon. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941

• jamesjames Frets: 50
    I really like the look of the Aclam S1 for my small pedalboard requirements, and it will fit a trex power supply underneath. 
  • Branshen said:
    I just looked at the price and choked on my Pepsi Max.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Branshen said:
    I just looked at the price and choked on my Pepsi Max.
    Yea. It's pricey but it's not that much more than the DC5 which the OP is considering. 
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Thanks fellas for all the info had not seen the spark before.

Cioks stuff is bullet proof I own a couple of DC10s so would probably stick with the Cioks brand. 

The Aclam S1 mmmmmm looks fiddly with the screw components again a product I had not seen before.

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited October 2017

That’s really neat RandallFlagg. I like that board and it’s the kind of idea I am working toward but would like a little more room on the board. I own an El Cap and hear good things about the Sunset.

The one thing I find with the ElCap is that it takes away the natural bloom and chime of my amplifier and somehow digitises the signal. It still sounds nice and I still great at what it does but loses some kind of X factor from my amp.

DC5 doing its job well?
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941

I like the El Cap, I send it into the front of the amp and I don't hear any loss or alteration of main signal with it, it just places delay behind the core tone. I play with the tape age and 2nd control of low end contour to shape the tone of the repeats to get them to sit in the right place against the dry sound so they create a nice wash. It can be as bright or as dark as you like that way. I was under the impression that the El Cap has an analogue signal path rather than convert the signal to digital then back to analogue at the end so it's odd that you hear a change. A real tape machine will change your core sound much more than the El Cap!

The DC5 is great, very well built and quiet. I had one of the older version Pedaltrain Volto power supplies and it wasn't a good experience.