Which ampli should I buy?

What's Hot
Ok guys, I am struggling. 
I'll move to Denmark and I'll need an amplifier (head) BUT i have no clues about it.
I want versatility but I don't need super crystal clean. The keyword is: PORTABLE. And valves, of course.
Lunchbox dimensions would be perfect.
I use fuzzes, delay, ods, a friedman BE-OD and chorus.
Thanks for help
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KiniooKinioo Frets: 19
    Marshall Class 5......
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    There are no valves in it but there’s not much more portable than a little Quilter head. I’ve never turned my 101 Reverb on and bemoaned the lack of valves... it sounds great and takes pedals extremely well.
  • How's the Mesa Mini Rectifier?
  • nick79nick79 Frets: 254
    Very good, i love mine. Definitely scores with portability, it's tiny. I find it versatile, and through a good cab with efficient speakers it's easily loud enough for a noisy rock band. 
  • nick79 said:
    Very good, i love mine. Definitely scores with portability, it's tiny. I find it versatile, and through a good cab with efficient speakers it's easily loud enough for a noisy rock band. 
    Thanks! Which kind of music do you play? Which pedals you use with it?
    I play in a rock covers band but we do quite varied stuff, so i need everything from good cleans to Metallica type crunch. The only pedals i use are a Tubescreamer just to cut through the band mix if i need it, a Chorus, and an EQ pedal in the loop for volume boost for solos.
    I don't use anything for overdrive/distortion, don't need to - The Mini Rec does it all!
  • OK guys, I am so doubtful.
    I select two amps: the MESA and the Brunetti Singleman head. The Singleman is a 50/15/2 W head Fender-style amp.

Now, i really like the Mesa Modern Hi-Gain sound but I am not convinced about the clean.

Now the thing is my playing goes from John Mayer to Devin Townsend, I really need a versatile situation.

On one hand I am in love with the clean of the Singleman but on the other hand I fear the distortion ONLY with pedals, which is why I would choose Mesa instead.

What should I do? :(
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72330
    I would get a Rectoverb 25 not a Mini Rectifier. The reverb adds a lot to the clean sound.

OK it's not quite as small as the Mini Rec because it has a wooden sleeve rather than a metal cover, but it's still very portable.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 360
    simonk said:
    There are no valves in it but there’s not much more portable than a little Quilter head. I’ve never turned my 101 Reverb on and bemoaned the lack of valves... it sounds great and takes pedals extremely well.
    Thanks @simonk , that post may have just cost me the price of one lol.
    Been thinking along Quilter lines for a bit. What cab do you generally use it with.

Apologies to OP for thread hijack.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    If you're still in Italy, why not try the gurus amp? I'm curious too. 
    How many members read Denmark Street instead of Denmark?
    Or if you're in Bologna, you should try my Kelly. 
    Or buy one in Denmark?
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    cbilly22 said:
    simonk said:
    Thanks @simonk , that post may have just cost me the price of one lol.
    Been thinking along Quilter lines for a bit. What cab do you generally use it with.

Apologies to OP for thread hijack.
    @cbilly22 I usually use a Matrix NL212 with the V30 flavour neo speakers... a 2x12 that weighs 12Kg. Cab in one hand, guitar case in the other and the Quilter in a backpack with an FX8. We did a few outdoor festival type gigs this year using that rig and it always sounded fab, and only one trip in from the car.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Victory Sheriff 22?

Cleans on the Mini Rec/Rectoverb 25 are very good, and very versatile. It does the Mesa high gain thing very well but they also put a lot of thought into the clean channel - Try one if you can, you will be surprised i think. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    If the rectoverb 25 is as good as my rectoverb 50w single rec then I’d go for that. The cleans are very good , mine has a pushed switch to add some grit and the gain channel on mine has vintage and modern voicing, I prefer the modern which is handy as the switch stopped working last year. 
  • lukedlb said:
    If you're still in Italy, why not try the gurus amp? I'm curious too. 
    Man I played them a couple of times and the spark didn't happen :(

lukedlb said:
    Or if you're in Bologna, you should try my Kelly. 
    No, unfortunately I'm not :)
    Buying in Denmark would be a good options but I need an amplifier!

Victory Sheriff 22?
    Too plexi

nick79 said:
    Cleans on the Mini Rec/Rectoverb 25 are very good, and very versatile. It does the Mesa high gain thing very well but they also put a lot of thought into the clean channel - Try one if you can, you will be surprised i think. 
    I don't have the time right now but of course I will!
    The thing is, the cleans of the Brunetti are more dynamic and open. I really like it!

I have to hear...