New ThorpyFx Pedal. The Veteran Silicon

What's Hot

Comments

• antifashantifash Frets: 603
    The Germanium one sounds heavy! Wish I’d not missed out on that one. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5161
    lukedlb said:
    Is it me or did the guitarist play a very limited demonstration of the veteran? I mean, a fuzz circuit controlled by the guitar volume offers a great range of sounds, not to mention the extras thorpy incorporated. Instead, the demonstration was a one trick pony with both sides engaged. Kind of stopped me in my PayPal tracks tbh. 
    Yep...I thought exactly that but I thought bollox, I’ll get one anyway  B)
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6131
    tFB Trader
    lukedlb said:
    Is it me or did the guitarist play a very limited demonstration of the veteran? I mean, a fuzz circuit controlled by the guitar volume offers a great range of sounds, not to mention the extras thorpy incorporated. Instead, the demonstration was a one trick pony with both sides engaged. Kind of stopped me in my PayPal tracks tbh. 
    Thats a shame, however i can assure you its as far from a one trick pony as is possible.  
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5261
    i am with @lukedlb here Adrian i think it needs a better demo too, show off your wares in the best of lights
    tFB Trader
    mgaw said:
    i am with @lukedlb here Adrian i think it needs a better demo too, show off your wares in the best of lights
    I don't have time to do this.... it will get done. but in reality these will have sold by then.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    tFB Trader
    antifash said:
    it was never played in the video, only the silicon one is used
    ThorpyFX said:
    antifash said:
    it was never played in the video, only the silicon one is used
    OH!
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7769
    Waiting for the blue FB mates rates version :)
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5261
    ThorpyFX said:
    mgaw said:
    I don't have time to do this.... it will get done. but in reality these will have sold by then.
     if they are selling anyway...
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3844
    @ThorpyFX ; What transistors are in it? BC108 / BC183 etc...
    Or is that a trade secret?!
    I do love BC183 due to its warmth, nearer to germanium.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    I got an email about this earlier....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

tFB Trader
    Lebarque said:
    @ThorpyFX ; What transistors are in it? BC108 / BC183 etc...
    Or is that a trade secret?!
    I do love BC183 due to its warmth, nearer to germanium.
    No secret... however it’s not important really because I’ve done things to the circuit in order that it sounds and responds more like a warm germanium variant in certain settings....
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    edited October 2017
    And here was I, sitting here thinking the best Silicon Veteran was Joan Collins....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3844
    Gassage said:
    And here was I, sitting here thinking the best Silicon Veteran was Joan Collins....
    Dolly Parton, surely...
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    I am confident the veteran is much much more than the reverb video demonstrates. I was intrigued by the overdrive you can illicit from the fuzz as it's a trick i do. Using a wah/fuzz buffer i have from screaminfx, I was astonished by the extra palette of drives available (with vol at 10 or reduced), transforming the fuzz and prompting the retirement of other drive pedals (yes, even kingsley). I wonder if that is something Thorpy has implemented. 
    If that wasn't enough of an enticement, the veteran includes a treble boost, a circuit i'm curious to try. I currently throw my fuzz against both the chase tone secret pre amp and, if I'm after that extra push for foxy lady feedback, the boost supplied by the Kingsley Bard.
    tFB Trader
    lukedlb said:
    I am confident the veteran is much much more than the reverb video demonstrates. I was intrigued by the overdrive you can illicit from the fuzz as it's a trick i do. Using a wah/fuzz buffer i have from screaminfx, I was astonished by the extra palette of drives available (with vol at 10 or reduced), transforming the fuzz and prompting the retirement of other drive pedals (yes, even kingsley). I wonder if that is something Thorpy has implemented. 
    If that wasn't enough of an enticement, the veteran includes a treble boost, a circuit i'm curious to try. I currently throw my fuzz against both the chase tone secret pre amp and, if I'm after that extra push for foxy lady feedback, the boost supplied by the Kingsley Bard.
    That was a key thing for me. This isn’t an all or nothing fuzz. It is vital for my effects to be more than a one trick pony, hence why the fuzz here can do low drive sounds and thick fuzz sounds by balancing the controls.  Competition to get on peoples boards is fierce, which is why I do these things. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    The video on your/thorpy's website for the germanium version is a great example of all the pedal's potential, certainly not a one trick pony. Thorpy, does the smooth circuit help for wah into fuzz compatibility? Would I still need my wah/fuzz buffer?
    tFB Trader
    lukedlb said:
    The video on your/thorpy's website for the germanium version is a great example of all the pedal's potential, certainly not a one trick pony. Thorpy, does the smooth circuit help for wah into fuzz compatibility? Would I still need my wah/fuzz buffer?
    It’s less fussy than the germanium variant so it should be ok. The silicon’s potential is the same as the germanium. This why it took me so long to get right
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5019
    antifash said:
    Ooooooh... So buy one and sell it here for £450?  ;)

Very nice! Could this be the fuzz pedal I’ve been searching for!? :)
    antifash said:
    You don't have to miss out - you can buy mine, and for a fair bit less than £450!  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    @fretfinder Sorry, man. I couldn't drop that amount on a pedal. GLWTS.