Nova Delay PSU problem

lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
I have a Nova Delay but the power supply for it is broken - the plastic near the actual plug has torn so some of the copper wires are showing. Is this ok to use? If not, will any 12v PSU power supply work e.g something like this switchable one (I have a sililar one) http://www.mysmartbuy.com/p-322-Lloytron-Multi-Voltage-AC_DC-Mains-Adaptor.html
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited February 2014

They actually run fine at 9v, TC confirmed this on their forums, but 12v gives higher headroom.

As long as you have enough mA that is, (needs 400mA at start up and runs at about 300mA)

I have the Ltd Edition iB Modified version that I power with a Diago Powerstation, been working fine for a couple of years (as long as I've had the pedal).

• If I run it at 9v (I use it with both electric and acoustic) is it likely to distort?
  • littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 639
    edited February 2014
    It wont distort. I had the old nova repeater and it did have one issue though - it needed a high current 9V supply. A boss psu240 didn't cut it, so sometimes it would just shut down and have a tantrum. Never had any issues when I started using it with my carl martin big john though.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    No 

I've asked TC about this and guitars don't typically produce enough output to make it clip even at 9v. 

Make sure you have a chunky PSU like a One Spot as they require quite a lot of current. 
  • Just edited my post to give a bit more detail on the mA needed.
  • I have a One Spot currently running 7 pedals (would be 8 with the Nova Delay). I have a PSU like the one I linked to (switches between 6v-18v so if in doubt I guess that would work ok?
  • I have a One Spot currently running 7 pedals (would be 8 with the Nova Delay). I have a PSU like the one I linked to (switches between 6v-18v so if in doubt I guess that would work ok?

Totally depends on what the other pedals are and what current they need.
  • lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    For now I just put some electrical tape round the exposed wires. It seems to be working fine for now.
  • danodano Frets: 1593
    When I was looking for a new power supply last year I measured my Nova Repeater and it takes ~255mA at 12V I recall..Runs happily on my Voodoo Lab PP2+ on the 12V output.