Boss CS-3 Mods ?

What's Hot
baddog01baddog01 Frets: 8
what DIY mods have you guys used and what was the outcome ? What did you like or dislike about the original pedal?
i modded mine and noticed that C5 is different from the factory schematic. The schematic shows 001.8uf and the one on my board is 560pf.  I changed it to .001 and it seemed to warm it up a bit.

i did the mod on the  page below and it made the effect more subtle. I didn't do the stacking of the IC's  but I did change both to RC4558's. 

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1068026
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    edited October 2017
    I've done the Monte Allums Opto+ mod. I can't  really remember how much the difference was compared with stock, but it was enough that I fitted it to another CS3 I bought. Interestingly the op amp adapters didn't seem to fit as easily in the second one. I use a pedal switchers so I also tweaked the on/off flip flop so the pedal is on when power is applied.
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    I have a CS3 modded by Gojirosan off the Intermusic forum with a Noise-suppressor circuit. I don't know specifically what the mod is but it works a treat - my Strat on single-coil settings sounds so much less noisy compared to when I use my stock CS3.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1 said:
    I've done the Monte Allums Opto+ mod. I can't  really remember how much the difference was compared with stock, but it was enough that I fitted it to another CS3 I bought. Interestingly the op amp adapters didn't seem to fit as easily in the second one. I use a pedal switchers so I also tweaked the on/off flip flop so the pedal is on when power is applied.
    Sounds like it made a good impression on you if you did a second pedal. I'm going to order more parts soon and some IC's for a stackin:)
  • agibboagibbo Frets: 102
    I've also got a Monte Allums Opto+ modded CS-3, and its generally left on all the time, and I can't fault it.

To be honest, I can't really remember how it sounded compared to the stock pedal, but that was never left on all the time, so it must be better!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I didn't the Moon Almighty Sunglass one from the link above. Sounds pretty good
  • I didn't the Moon Almighty Sunglass one from the link above. Sounds pretty good